America's Got Talent Season 5

Yes, I am sure he will! And I think Defying Gravity will get a lot of offers too. They are just too original!
Whether Defying Gravity becomes a success or not will depend on whether they find a talented director/choreograph(?)
They invented a new concept, a new art form if you wish. But it takes a true artist to make it a real success.
Blue Man Group was a concept group too. But what made them such a success, IMO was their sophistication and their sense of humor.

Finals Tonight from 9-10 pm.

Source

"The night’s biggest program is likely to be “America’s Gots Talent,” which presents the final four acts at 9 on NBC.

The finalists are showman Prince Poppycock, illusionists Fighting Gravity, and singers Michael Grimm and Jackie Evancho. The winner will be revealed in a two-hour show that starts at 8 p.m. Wednesday."

Hmmm...I didn't know Fighting Gravity was an illusionist.

Source

"The night’s biggest program is likely to be “America’s Gots Talent,” which presents the final four acts at 9 on NBC.

The finalists are showman Prince Poppycock, illusionists Fighting Gravity, and singers Michael Grimm and Jackie Evancho. The winner will be revealed in a two-hour show that starts at 8 p.m. Wednesday."

Hmmm...I didn't know Fighting Gravity was an illusionist.
The illusion is that things and people are floating, i.e., "Defying Gravity".

Yes, I am sure he will! And I think Defying Gravity will get a lot of offers too. They are just too original!
Whether Defying Gravity becomes a success or not will depend on whether they find a talented director/choreograph(?)
They invented a new concept, a new art form if you wish. But it takes a true artist to make it a real success.
Blue Man Group was a concept group too. But what made them such a success, IMO was their sophistication and their sense of humor.

Not to disagree, but Fighting Gravity's concept is not that new. "Theater in Black" has been around for some time.

Fighting gravity is my favorite act in the final. They deserve their won show. Their acts are fresh and fun to watch. But the concept is not original.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I didn't know that!
Not a similar act but a similar concept indeed.

OK, why are the judges allowed to buzz in the finals? Piers is an A-Hole! I thought Prince Poppycock's act was so-so (and I certainly don't disagree with anything Piers said - wrong act and definitedly the wrong song for Prince Poppycock) but the the buzzers should be turned off and the judges certainly shouldn't be permitted to utter a word in the final.

Just my two cents...

Anyway, what was Poppycock thinking?

I hate the buzzer!
But Piers is right. I think he blew it. Something like the bohemian rhapsody would be more appropriate for the finals.

Michael did great! I still don't see him winning but I do think he will have a great career as a singer!

There is certainly room for serious performances in a 90-minutes Vegas Show...but not in AGT. People love PP because he is a fun showman...and he certainly doesn't have the pipes to go against Jackie Ovancho in a serious opera performance.

When I first heard Jackie, the first thing I thought was: would she sing Ave Maria? But I didn't think she could pull it off.
Not exactly Robertino Loretti, but I think she did pretty well. Was it good enough to win? We'll find out!

Jackie Evancho will no doubt sing a "heavenly" classical song. Which one is a mystery, but I would not be surprised if she sang Ave Maria...which is a huge song by anyone's standard. Of course, we may be in for a big surprise if Jackie and AGT perform something from Phantom of the Opera or Les Miserables. With Susan Boyle leaving the set of AGT in tears the other day after Lou Reed wouldn't allow her to perform one of his songs (what a cheesedick), how awesome would it be for Jackie to perform I Dreamed a Dreamed?
She performed well but you could tell she was nervous. I think the "pressure" got to her and that was a huge song (voice range).

Ok, so it is Fighting Gravity. Why do we keep calling them Defying Gravity??! :D

Well, I think the million is up for grabs today!
Neither act was perfect. My money is still on Jackie though.

Tonight was the night when I finally tired of Fighting Gravity (sorry, I keep calling them Defying Gravity)...although they were very good. Yeah, we all saw the mistake but it really wasn't that big of a deal. What is a big deal is that Piers sabotaged the act by pointing out the mistake and telling everyone Jackie's act was perfect (which it was not). All-in-all Michael Grimm has the best performance and overall the others were a step-down from the semi-finals.

Vote because this contest is wide open.

In fact, the one who excelled the most today was actually Michael! So, he has a chance too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)