America's Got Talent Season 5

Well, it's been a great season; the best in the show's 5-year history. My only complaint is that it's a bit too long and could benefit by dropping a couple weeks.

See everyone back here for Season 6!

Last edited:
riffjim4069 said:
For anyone who missed the show...

1. Michael Grimm
2. Jackie Evancho
3. Fighting Gravity
4. Prince Poppycock

That is the order of my preference. I would never think it would actually finish in this order.

That is the order of my preference. I would never think it would actually finish in this order.
I'm surprise Jackie didn't win, but I'm actually relieved since she needs to get back to school, finish growing-up, and have a normal childhood...and Michael Grimm is seasoned and well-prepared for his Vega Show. There were some big swings in last night's voting. I think the people who were going to vote for Poppycock wound up voting for Grimm.

Enjoyed this season...

I was not surprised by PP coming in 4th after last night.

The rest surprised me, I thought it would come down to Jackie and FG with Jackie winning.

I am actually glad that Jackie did not win. She needs to let her voice mature. Who knows in a year she could end up an alto.

Yet another singer wins AGT. At least he plays the guitar while singing.

she didn't seem too shocked. I wonder if she didn't really win and they gave her a side deal.

Can you imagine a 10yr old stuck in Las Vegas with 2 shows a night and 3 on Friday and Saturday?

Sounds like a recipe to create another Michael Jackson,

Well kick me in the head and call me stupid. I would never have thought Michael Grim would win today. I though he would be third. But unlike last year with the worst singer on the planet (the chicken catcher) I am not angry about it. I think Michael is a deserving winner.

Just finished watching. Somewhat surprised, but I guess we should remember who the most active voters are in these shows: teenage girls who tend to vote for young guys ;)

TNGTony said:
BTW Ilya, "theater in black" is a generic term. It has been around for some time. There's quite a few groups I have seen since I was a kid.

Actually, I think the FG's concept is more than just "theater in black". It's also about music, rhythm, dance, which defies gravity ;) and some rather interesting visual effects. Personally, I haven't seen anything like that.

DodgerKing said:

That's how I would rate last night's performances. But taking into account all previous performances, I would put Michael at the bottom (out of the four).

I was not surprised by PP coming in 4th after last night.

The rest surprised me, I thought it would come down to Jackie and FG with Jackie winning.

I am actually glad that Jackie did not win. She needs to let her voice mature. Who knows in a year she could end up an alto.

Yet another singer wins AGT. At least he plays the guitar while singing.
So did Kevin Skinner

That's how I would rate last night's performances. But taking into account all previous performances, I would put Michael at the bottom (out of the four).
Prior to the last performance I had MG #4, but moved him up to #3 afterwards. Poppycock was solid 2nd or 3rd prior to the final. I get the feeling the majority of people who bailed on Poppycock after his final performance probably voted for Michael Grimm - they certainly weren't going to vote for an opera singer.

How in heaven's name did this man (Skinner) win AGT last year...god he sucked!

Probably had every call center in KY call in votes. It was a bad year for AGT. I am glad this year had a lot better contestants.

Maybe Howie made a difference? Did the Hoff push bad talent?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts