America's Got Talent Season 7 (2012)

Cotter is a good seasoned comic. Seeing stand up like this makes me miss last comic standing.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I wanted William Close to be better... he disappointed me tonight. Same with the sand art guys.

Tom Cotter I thought was great. I ragged on him last time having heard his entire skit before but I thought he was very funny tonight.
I also liked the Academy of Villains.

Third best act is tough... maybe the talking dog but the bit just didn't work well for me.

riffjim4069 said:
Academy of Villians - very entertaining, but there are a lot of really good acts tonight.

Yes they were, had to rewind and watch again because there was so much going on. Tonight was a really good show.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

This is who I predict will advance (not necessarily who I am voting for):

Turf - another act that I've really enjoyed...and still enjoy. I can't believe how much that I've enjoyed gumbyman. He manages to add new twists.
William Close - I know folks love this act, but I think it's just Okay. Plus, he's using professional musicians and dancers in his act.
Tom Cotter - funny, funny man...perhaps my favorite to win this year.

*Although don't rule out Dittelman, Donovan & Rebecca and Joe Castillo

Turf was one of the worst, IMO.

Close is good, but I think TV takes a lot away. I would be willing to bet if we were watching it live on stage it would be a lot better.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

riffjim4069 said:
What about Turf? Yea or Nay?

Nay by a long shot. I cannot see many people paying to watch a show in Vegas that is similar to what you would see in any street corner. After about 30 seconds you seen everything.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

Eric Dittelman - I don't get why Howard loves this guy. It's a decent trick, but I understand why he doesn't have a girlfriend - he dittels with himself.

He did no guess the shapes I chose correctly. I even drew them :) - Octagon inside a circle. I don't count the circle as correct since that is the shape anyone would choose to put "around" the other shape. <get the subliminal command?

It's similar to the old trick that works on most Americans.
Think of a number from 2 to 9.
Multiply it by 9
The answer should have two digits. Ad the two digits together.
Subtract by 5.
Now assign a letter to the number... A is 1, B is 2, C is 3, etc.
Think of a country that starts with that letter.
Now think of an animal that starts with the last letter of that country
Now think of a color that starts the the last letter of that animal

There aren't any Orange Kangaroos in Denmark!

Magic. Give me a million dollars! :)

Okay, no Amber koala either.

And if you chose Dominican Republic, then you're UNAMERICAN! :)

If you chose a country that starts with anything other than a D you can't do math either. :)

He did no guess the shapes I chose correctly. I even drew them :) - Octagon inside a circle. I don't count the circle as correct since that is the shape anyone would choose to put "around" the other shape. <get the subliminal command?

It's similar to the old trick that works on most Americans....

..Magic. Give me a million dollars! :)

That's exactly what I mean. I used to see these "mind reading" tricks all the time back in the '60s-'70s. It's nothing new.

Turf was one of the worst, IMO.

I completely disagree. Every time this kid performs I cut-out of couple yards from the back lawn and wrap myself in a turf blanket during the performance. That or I smoke grass...I get so confused. Regardless, he will need a lot of help to move forward into the finals. His dancing movies trigger a "gag reflex" in some people who can barely watch him much less vote for him.

Speaking of finals...how does everyone like the new format? In past years there was a Top 24 Show, which begot a Top 10 Show, which begot a Top 5 Show, which produced a Winner. This season there is a Top 24 Show, which will beget a Top 6 Show, which will produce a Winner. Offhand, trimming the field from 25 down to 6 contestants is pretty drastic - too drastic IMO. Plus, the best shows are during the final 3-rounds and we've now eliminated one of these rounds and substituted it with the likes of Big Barry and Ulysses. I would much rather see them do away with the Rejects show and focus more time and attention on the Top 24 acts.

Close is good, but I think TV takes a lot away. I would be willing to bet if we were watching it live on stage it would be a lot better.
That's probably true. He's very good and very enjoyable...just not my pick to go all the way.

Nay by a long shot. I cannot see many people paying to watch a show in Vegas that is similar to what you would see in any street corner. After about 30 seconds you seen everything.

Initially I felt the same way, but this kid is so much more than a talented street corner dancer. I hope he make it through to the Finals.

Next Week's Gaggle of 12 Acts

All That!, All Wheel Sports, Clint Carvalho & His Extreme Parrots, David Garibaldi & his CMYK's, Jacob Williams, Lightwire Theater, The Magic of Puck, Olate Dogs, Sebastian, Shanice & Maurice Hayes, Tim Hockenberry, and The Untouchables.

Next week's show should be easier to pick the winners because I am already dismissing 5-6 of the above acts prior to their performance. We shall see.

I thought it was an overall good night. Get my thoughts in before ya'll start posting results before we can watch. My favorites were Earth Harp (William Close), Tom Cotter, Joe Castillo, and Academy of Villains. I thought Todd and Irving were pretty good. Did not care for Turf last night. I lost interest.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)