America's Got Talent Season 7 (2012)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Have to switch to the east feed to finish, elephants took over on the hour... ;)

Using that logic, I'll make sure I pad the timer when the Jackasses take over next week ;) I missed the very end when Howard was talking to Academy of Villains and the recap.

S~

William Close - I know folks love this act, but I think it's just Okay. Plus, he's using professional musicians and dancers in his act. I don't see how this is that much different than the bell guy.
You really have to be there to feel the vibrations. I thought last night didn't carry over as well to TV as his previous acts. My daughter wants to see him so bad, so she can feel his music (She's deaf).

S~

Okay, I'm confused...they are selecting the Top 4 acts tonight? All Howard could talk about yesterday was how only three acts were going forward. In fact my Tivo guide says, "Thee acts move on to the Top Six."

Pretty happy with the top 3... Not sure if William Close was better than Joe Castillo though.

I'm pretty shocked Howie picked Castillo over the dog... I really thought once it went to Howie it was a gimme.

Okay, I see...they've lined up the four acts and now will select three. I running behind live TV but, after looking at the lineup on state, one act sticks out like a sore thumb.

William Close, Tom Cotter and Joe Castillo are moving on to the Top Six. I cannot believe the judges were permitted to vote at this state of the game.

My son commented on Turf that the guy was amazing in his upper body movements, but his legs were just along for the ride. Have to agree that it was not an integrated performance. BTW, I pretty much agree with the three that moved on.

I cannot believe the judges were permitted to vote at this state of the game.

They announced the change in voting at the start of the season. However, I fully believe in reality show trickery here. Don't really believe that the judges got to actually vote, but the decision was made before the show by the producers who then fed the judges their lines.

As proof, have you ever noticed that in this situation the first two voters will always split, leaving it up to the third voter to decide? Happens every time. If it was honest, half the time the result would be decided by the first two, making the third vote irrelevant.

They announced the change in voting at the start of the season. However, I fully believe in reality show trickery here. Don't really believe that the judges got to actually vote, but the decision was made before the show by the producers who then fed the judges their lines.

As proof, have you ever noticed that in this situation the first two voters will always split, leaving it up to the third voter to decide? Happens every time. If it was honest, half the time the result would be decided by the first two, making the third vote irrelevant.

Nah. There have been a few times when the first two judges have agreed and made the third irrelevant. All in all I agree with the choices. Next week's show looks much weaker than this week's. Don't forget that next's week's result's show is Thursday because of the NFL regular season kickoff game.

S~

The vote has sometimes been the first two agree, not many times, but it does happen and even happened at least once this season.

The idea of letting the judges have actual voting power at these late stages is, imo, a way to influence how the audience/fans vote. Note how much Howie panders to the crowd and his twitter activity. Personally I think the producers and the judges all think their opinion as to who should go through and end up winning is better than the fans of the show.

Can't talk about the producers ability to pick winners, but let's talk judges. Currently you have Sharon Osbourne and while I do love to see her on the show, I can't figure out what credentials she brings to the table in picking winners. Other than married to Ozzy, what talent does she bring herself?

Then there is Howie Mandel. Love Howie and he does bring credentials to the table and he is great with working an audience. I can see very well why he is there.

And then there is Howard Stern. IMO, he brings no real talent to the table, no credential in picking or developing a new talent and frankly his bum's appearance is a turnoff to me. Most boys outgrow that well sooner than his age. And the kicker with Howard is that he has to be center stage all the time. I don't watch AGT for the Howard Stern show!

Nah. There have been a few times when the first two judges have agreed and made the third irrelevant. All in all I agree with the choices. Next week's show looks much weaker than this week's. Don't forget that next's week's result's show is Thursday because of the NFL regular season kickoff game.

S~

I disagreed with the judge's pick this week. Sharon talked about how he could be the backing for other parts of a show and that was very telling. For all his artistic ability, and he is excellent, there is no way in hell he is a 'headliner'. Personally I think the vote they did was to not have two excellent comedians in the finals.

I liked Oliver and Irving, but I didn't think his material wasn't that great this week although I did like the talk show idea. Cotter, on the other hand, I found totally hilarious and connected with his material.

S~

S~

That happened just last week; Howard and Sharon agreed and Howie was left to Tweet in peace. I agree that next week's show probably won't be a entertaining. Without even performing, I have already eliminated 5-6 of the acts.

Can't talk about the producers ability to pick winners, but let's talk judges. Currently you have Sharon Osbourne and while I do love to see her on the show, I can't figure out what credentials she brings to the table in picking winners. Other than married to Ozzy, what talent does she bring herself?

IMO the judges should not vote, they should not tweet and their buzzers should be disabled at this stage of the competition. Heck, just gag 'em and roll 'em out on a dolly like Hannibal Lechter.

Sharon has been involved with the music industry for years and she certainly has the credentials to hold her position. She was Ozzy's manager and producer for a number of years, and she has been active in recruiting raw, young, warm-up talent for Ozzy. This talent included Metallica, Black Label Society (Zakk Wylde) and Godsmack just to name a few. And she certainly has an ear for classical music talent if you exclude Ponce De Leon and his Fountain of Goth. :dev

Offhand, we the people want to see more Classical/Symphony and Ball Busting/Teeth Smashing Metal. The world's two favorites types of music! Heck, who wouldn't want to see a guest appearance by Metallica, accompanied by Apocalyptica, with Jackie Evancho belting out lyrics. That's what I call classic! Heck, and horse could take a few nut shots in the background during some very dark and heavy riffs. :whip:

America's senses would light-up as they experienced the full-range of emotion created by music that truly moved and inspired them. America doesn't need Odon, pop, rap and other crap causing them to lose their stomach contents or the lower-part of their intestines.

And then there is Howard Stern. IMO, he brings no real talent to the table, no credential in picking or developing a new talent and frankly his bum's appearance is a turnoff to me. Most boys outgrow that well sooner than his age. And the kicker with Howard is that he has to be center stage all the time. I don't watch AGT for the Howard Stern show!
If you ever listened to Howards show you would know that he has had more musical acts in studio than many talk shows, he started out as a disc jockey so has been around music as long as he has been on the air plus he does very "in depth" interviews you wouldn't hear anywhere else with these artists... has Howie or Sharon ever bee on the cover of the Rolling Stone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts