America's Got Talent Season 7 (2012)

teachsac said:
Me, too. I've seen them at least a half-dozen times live.

S~

I saw then once and really enjoyed the show. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I have seen Blue Man Group a number of times and have met each cast. (Everytime you see them you are seeing diferent performers) most of the Blue Men that I have met are British or Australian.

If you have the money you can own your own Blue Man franchise. They have strict requirements for their theaters, and each member of the troop must go to Blue Man U to learn to be a Blue Man. I think they said it was a 9 month training course.

I just tuned-in and saw Tom Cotter perform. He was his usual entertaining and funny self. Who went first this evening and how did they do? I moved the other Tivo back up to the bedroom, but forget to connect the OTA antenna so I had something recorded.

The Untouchables? Where were the angry salsa dancers?...and I don't mean our very own SatelliteGuys angry salsadancer ;) The performance was pretty good, but they moved out of their comfort zone when they did Tina Turner routine. Howie was right. I too loved all of their other performances better than this one. Plus, tonight that little girl wasn't cute - she was just annoying.

Joe Castillo. Ummm. He really changed gears with his choice in music and doing caricatures of the judges. I agree with Sharon. The reason I liked this guy is because his art was moving and conveyed a theme. It was nice, but certainly no million dollar act.

How I rated them:

Tom Cotter
William Close
Olate Dogs
Joe Castillo
The Untouchables
David Garibaldi & His CMYK'S

Overall, it was a good show in an an otherwise talent challenged season. At least a singer don't win this year.

First up was the CMKA's who did a great job.

I think the final 3 are the CMKA's the Earth Harp Guy and the Dog Act.

The one which I think would be a great vegas act would be the earth harp guy. I dont think the other acts could perform for more then 10 minutes less an entire vegas show.

I consider William Close as a cheater. He is the act, then he hires all these professionals to surround him. Without these "hired hands" his act would be nothing. If he had a troupe he came with it would be a different story.

Tom Cotter finally got warmed up, but he used the phrase that automatically disqualifies any contestant in my book: "It means the world to me" I am sick of hearing that line.

Loved the dogs, but after 10 minutes I would want someone to SHOOT me.

The kids dancers were fun, but no they were not "perfect" and there were many flaws. We overlook them because they are cute kids.
Joe Castillo was boring tonight. I LOVE his act, but tonight I actually skipped. I could not stand the music and the changes in the artwork were not "dramatic" or moving in any way. The music seemed "random" not timed to the art.
David Garabaldi was fun to watch tonight. But once again, if I find mind drifting on a 90 second act, what would happen during a 90 minute act?

So who would I actually pay to see in Vegas?
In order: Tom Cotter, Dogs, CMYKs, Joe Castillo, Kid dancers (you have to drag me kicking and screaming), Close (I will fake an epileptic seizure to keep out of that theater.)

I consider William Close as a cheater. He is the act, then he hires all these professionals to surround him. Without these "hired hands" his act would be nothing. If he had a troupe he came with it would be a different story.

I mentioned this oddity last week. He started AGT as a one man show, but his act has grown into William Close and his Cirque du Soul Singers and Prefabricated Percussion the past two weeks. To be honest, I could come out one stage, belch the Star Spangled Banner, and still come off looking pretty good with all the performers on stage. Unfortunately, I have no doubt America will completely ignore this fact.

Based on overall performances Tom Cotter was the best consistently. I'd then say the dogs were 2nd best, Castillo 3rd, the kids in 4th and then other two could flip flop. Tom was the only one to never have a bad week... I believe he actually performed in vegas which gave him one additional act over the dogs as well.

That said all of the new paper and magazine sites are calling that William Close will win... I hope not. i loved his act at first but bad singers and the weird on stage performances didn't work for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)