America's Got Talent Tonight

The million is up for grabs. It can go to anyone. No clear winner.

View from the Cheap Seats:
Voices of Glory - hit it out of the park, but good enough?
Hairo Torres - what was that? He blew it.
Lawrence Beaman - it was very good, but not great.
Barbara Padilla - quite good...but worth a million?
Fab Five - nice act, but they aren't winning a million.
The Texas Tenors - excellent, could win it all.
Drew Stevyns - not bad, but he still hits those sour notes and doesn't have the vocal range.
Grandma Lee - she was pretty good, but for the love of god I can't vote for her.
Chicken Catcher - his performance was not very good...too bad
Recycled Percussion - brilliant...these guys are so darn creative.

Acts that didn't cut it:
Hairo Torres
Fab Five
Drew Stevyns
Chicken Catcher

Contenders: (in no particular order)
Voices of Glory
Lawrence Beamon
Barbara Padilla
The Texas Tenors
Grandma Lee
Recycled Percussion

Top 3: (in no particular order)
1. The Texas Tenors - could very well win it just because of the Texas vote
2. Grandma Lee - everyone loves Grandma Lee
3. Recycled Percussion - most creative and original act

I am in the process of watching the program now. The opera singer was awesome again! and in my mind the one one beat. Voices of Glory was great too but didn;t have the polish.

The Texas Tenors are doing it their way now and I am hitting the "skip: button because it definitely wasn't my way. :)

Recycled Percussion, Grandma Lee and Barbara Padilla were my favorites tonight.

Voiced of Glory proved to me they could sing but when I saw the ending montage I saw just how weak they were in relation to nearly everyone else.

After 30 seconds into the Texas Tenors, Drew Stevens and Kevin Skinner's acts, I "skipped" the rest of their performance. Sour note=automatic DQ in my book. The Barry White impersonator came close to the "skip" filter, but he was aw-aight.

Can't wait until Wednesday!

Recycled Percussion, Grandma Lee and Barbara Padilla were my favorites tonight.

Voiced of Glory proved to me they could sing but when I saw the ending montage I saw just how weak they were in relation to nearly everyone else.

After 30 seconds into the Texas Tenors, Drew Stevens and Kevin Skinner's acts, I "skipped" the rest of their performance. Sour note=automatic DQ in my book. The Barry White impersonator came close to the "skip" filter, but he was aw-aight.

Can't wait until Wednesday!
I wouldn't vote for Grandma Lee, but America is sopping her up like bread on gravy. I am not a big fan of The Texas Tenors, but Texas and the southern states are going to sop them up like a bisquit on gravy. (seems to be a gravy theme going on here) Barbara Padilla is really good, but she looks and sounds like an amatuer after watching real professional singers on YouTube. Recycled Percussion have the most energy and most creativity of anyone on the show, but I don't think America will vote them #1 (gravy factor). I'll stick with my Top 3...we shall see.

I thought Voices was weak vocally. My top three were Recycled Percussion, Barbara Padilla, and Lawrence Beaman/Grandma Lee (can't decide).

S~

It's funny because everyone including Recycled Percussion in our Top 3. However, if anyone is going to get left-out of the top-three-spots they are probably the most likely because they don't have nearly as much of the sympathy, loyalty, or mass-appeal vote like Grandma Lee or some of the other finalists. To be honest, although Terry Fator was clearly the most talented act in AGT 2007, I am still surprised the American public voted for him over the singer.

Additionally...although I don't think they could have won, AcroDunk should have been in the Top 10 because there performances were all solid and fun. Oh well...

I do not think I would pay to see any of these acts. I am not happy with this year's contestants. It looked a little too much like American Idol with all the singers.

The percussion ones looked like a Vegas act, but all I could think of was blue man group.

The opera singer was good, but should be in an opera not a single show in Vegas.

I could possibly see the tenors in an act with a lot of stage props and costumes to go through a series of songs to possibly tell a story. It would take a lot more than what they have done. The only reason I pick them more is because with 3 singers they could be more versatile in material.

Grandma might make an afternoon act.

I do not think I would pay to see any of these acts. I am not happy with this year's contestants. It looked a little too much like American Idol with all the singers.
For the most part I agree. I still have Terry Fator recordings on one of the Dish Network DVRs. Heck, even Quick Change was better than most of the finalists. I was really hoping a few acts like the guy who drilled and drove nails into his head would gone through a few rounds. Of course, that's hard to do with half the audience losing their lunch. Last year Throwdini (and old VOOM Sideshow Act) made it past the audition, but he never made Vegas show...just sort of disappeared.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AxP7FHQs5M"]YouTube - Quick change artists[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj_iktsnt9Q"]YouTube - Knife Throwing - Throwdini - HD Sideshow[/ame]

I loved quick change, and I think if it were not for Peers continuously beating on them they might have had a chance. Of course 90 minutes of it would not work, but if they were to combine it with a magic act or something where they would quick change between tricks it would be very entertaining... A different outfit for every trick.

It's funny because everyone including Recycled Percussion in our Top 3. However, if anyone is going to get left-out of the top-three-spots they are probably the most likely because they don't have nearly as much of the sympathy, loyalty, or mass-appeal vote like Grandma Lee or some of the other finalists. To be honest, although Terry Fator was clearly the most talented act in AGT 2007, I am still surprised the American public voted for him over the singer.

Additionally...although I don't think they could have won, AcroDunk should have been in the Top 10 because there performances were all solid and fun. Oh well...

The singer was great. Can't remember his name right now. I didn't care for Terry's finale.

S~

Down to Barbara Padilla and Kevin Skinner. It's beginning to look like I might be right from my Day 1 prediction. LOL

America loves the underdog. Both of them are underdogs for different reasons. Kevin Skinner is still my pick.

Last year Throwdini (and old VOOM Sideshow Act) made it past the audition, but he never made Vegas show...just sort of disappeared.
If I remember correctly, his last performance at America's Got Talent didn't go too well: he's made some mistakes and got buzzed off. That's why he didn't make it. With a dangerous act like his, you've got to be perfect. One mistake and you are out!

He did bring back some nostalgic memories from good old VOOM times though! ;)

The singer was great. Can't remember his name right now. I didn't care for Terry's finale.
The singer was good, but Terry Fator deserves the 20-million per year he is making in Vegas - he is that good.

The singer was pretty good, but AMG has always had an identity crisis. Are they a talent contest or are they a summertime version of American Idol? Personally, I really don't want to see any singers on AMG...they should apply for AI.

If I remember correctly, his last performance at America's Got Talent didn't go too well: he's made some mistakes and got buzzed off. That's why he didn't make it. With a dangerous act like his, you've got to be perfect. One mistake and you are out!

He did bring back some nostalgic memories from good old VOOM times though! ;)
Hmmm....I must have missed that show because I only recall seeing him once. Thanks for the update!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts