America's Got Talent Tonight

Who out there is still watching AGT? I love the show, but a lot of acts just didn't cut it tonight:

- Arcadian, while a good young dancer, is not physically ready and Piers was correct.
* Acrodunk was really good...I'd advance them to the next round, but not sure they can sustain the act.
* Grandma Lee's material is above-average, but she'll advance 'cuz the judges love her.
* Fab Five gave yet another solid performance...can't believe I like 'em, but they are so likeable.
* The Texas Tenors gave a really good performance and will advance.
- What the heck was Paradizo Dance thinking...the music selection was terrible and comedy elements not funny...they're going home by not sticking to something sensual (yes, I am a pansy because I like 'em).
- Illusionist Drew Thomas came out flat tonight and will also not advance.
- Tony Hoard and is flying dog are now boring and will pack their bags.
* I don't know why people love Kevin "Chicken Farmer" Skinner...his last two performances weren't that great, yet the judges are ogling him. Go figure! He'll be back.
* Voices of Glory...I used to think they were a shoe-in for the finals, now I don't know.

The way I see it: Acrodunk, Kevin Skinner and The Texas Tenors advance; only one of the following acts will advance: Grandma Lee, Voices of Glory, Fab Five.

Who out there is still watching AGT? I love the show, but a lot of acts just didn't cut it tonight:

- Arcadian, while a good young dancer, is not physically ready and Piers was correct.
* Acrodunk was really good...I'd advance them to the next round, but not sure they can sustain the act.
* Grandma Lee's material is above-average, but she'll advance 'cuz the judges love her.
* Fab Five gave yet another solid performance...can't believe I like 'em, but they are so likeable.
* The Texas Tenors gave a really good performance and will advance.
- What the heck was Paradizo Dance thinking...the music selection was terrible and comedy elements not funny...they're going home by not sticking to something sensual (yes, I am a pansy because I like 'em).
- Illusionist Drew Thomas came out flat tonight and will also not advance.
- Tony Hoard and is flying dog are now boring and will pack their bags.
* I don't know why people love Kevin "Chicken Farmer" Skinner...his last two performances weren't that great, yet the judges are ogling him. Go figure! He'll be back.
* Voices of Glory...I used to think they were a shoe-in for the finals, now I don't know.

The way I see it: Acrodunk, Kevin Skinner and The Texas Tenors advance; only one of the following acts will advance: Grandma Lee, Voices of Glory, Fab Five.
I could be wrong, but didn't you start this thread by saying Kevin Skinner would never make it in the competition?:rant:I believe I picked him to win it all.:D And he shall!:up:up

Okay, I was half right as opposed to being half wrong. You don't think he can win, but I disagree. I don't look for another opera singer to win.

Some one will have to explain to me what makes this Kevin Skinner guy so popular with the judges. Sure he has a great back-story, but HE CAN'T SING! I don't care how "honest" you are to your roots. If you are a singer and you sing off key (as he did at the beginning of his number), you should automatically be out at this poiint in the competition! This goes for the kids in Voices of Glory. The boys needed to let their sister have a shot at the finals. They are a liability to her.

Nothing really stuck out as great for me. I guess if I had to choose my 5 "favorites" it would have to be
Grandma Lee (only because of the variety)
Fab 5
Drew Thomas (for the variety again)
Acrodunk
Texas Tenors. (though I really don't think they can win it all)

I don't care for "frisbee dogs" ever since Mike Brown subjected me to a halftime show with frisbee dogs. After 5 minutes, you just want to jab an ice pick in your eyes! At least it was more entertaining than the Step-aerobics and baby races halftime shows!

I could be wrong, but didn't you start this thread by saying Kevin Skinner would never make it in the competition?:rant:I believe I picked him to win it all.:D And he shall!:up:up

Okay, I was half right as opposed to being half wrong. You don't think he can win, but I disagree. I don't look for another opera singer to win.
Nope...I very much like Kevin Skinner, and certainly feel he can win, but I don't feel he is selecting songs that complement his vocal range. I didn't care for his performance this evening.

I also thought it was pretty funny how Arcadian started to say it wasn't his idea to do the "High School Musical" theme while Piers was telling him he wasn't ready to move on. Call him tactless, but he was 100% correct.

Also, I don't think the Opera singer is talented enough to advance. In fact, I thought she should have been bounced last round.

Last edited:
Some one will have to explain to me what makes this Kevin Skinner guy so popular with the judges. Sure he has a great back-story, but HE CAN'T SING! I don't care how "honest" you are to your roots. If you are a singer and you sing off key (as he did at the beginning of his number), you should automatically be out at this poiint in the competition!
I've been wondering the same thing about Grandma Lee. Damn! I'm glad someone else heard him singing off key...I thought I was going nuts because I heard these "sour notes" the past two performances and yet the judges were practically sucking the cream-filling out of his twinkie....and Piers rarely praises a mediocre vocalists.

This goes for the kids in Voices of Glory. The boys needed to let their sister have a shot at the finals. They are a liability to her.
I like the kids, but I think they are going home.

I also thought it was pretty funny how Arcadian started to say it wasn't his idea to do the "High School Musical" theme while Piers was telling him he wasn't ready to move on. Call him tactless, but he was 100% correct.
I disagree with the judges and think he should stick to piano playing and give up the dancing.

Perhaps, to level the playing field, the competition should be limited to adults. Everyone thinks the kids are cute, in the beginning, but knows they have virtually no chance what-so-ever to win the competition. No one is going to shell out the $$$ in Vegas to see some kid sing or dance.

Perhaps, to level the playing field, the competition should be limited to adults. Everyone thinks the kids are cute, in the beginning, but knows they have virtually no chance what-so-ever to win the competition. No one is going to shell out the $$$ in Vegas to see some kid sing or dance.
Wasn't Season 1 Champ an 11-year old girl? Overall, I generally agree with your assessment.

Well...it's Grandma Lee, Kevin Skinner, The Texas Tenors and (Surprise!) the Judges sent both the Fab Five and Voices of Glory through to the finals.

The Biggest Surprise is Acrodunk didn't make it through to the next round (Piers wasn't too happy). I wouldn't have voted for them, but the judges sure loved 'em.

Good stuff...

Hey, if you would plop down $100 to see a kid dance in Vegas, you go right ahead.
Might be cheaper for you to go to Disney World or Silver Dollar City. Probably more dancing for your buck too.
What ever gave you the impression that I would pay $100 to see a kid dance in Vegas when I wouldn't pay to $100 to see a Beatles and Led Zepplin reunion tour with all the dead members returned to life? :rolleyes:

Anyway, Season 1 was an odd-ball because they were still working on the format and, as I recall, the winner receive $1 million and no deal in Vegas.

What ever gave you the impression that I would pay $100 to see a kid dance in Vegas when I wouldn't pay to $100 to see a Beatles and Led Zepplin reunion tour with all the dead members returned to life? :rolleyes:

Anyway, Season 1 was an odd-ball because they were still working on the format and, as I recall, the winner receive $1 million and no deal in Vegas.
LMAO:D:D

Boooo Hisssssss....

There realy isn't anything truly outstanding this year.

The chicken catcher has little singing talent (as much as Willie Nelson) singing through the nose... I have no idea why the judges love him so much. HE CAN'T SING!

The operatic singer is good, but not great. Her semifinalist performance was awesome, but it's the first time I though she was better than just alright

The Voices of Glory are fun to watch, but really, would anyone pay $70 for a 90 minute show of them singing they way they do?

the Texas Tenors are only fair singers with a good schtick.

Grandma Lee is probably very funny, but it is so hard to know how good some one is in a 90 second set. Even the late night shows give you 3 or 4 minutes for the audience to warm up to you. I just don't know if she really comes across.

Recycled Percussion is fabulous and in my mind has the best Vegas-style act. But if I am buying a ticket to a show like this, I would rather go see the Blue-Man Group.

The Fab Five are also fun to watch for 90 seconds, but really not much more than that. I don't see an entire show of these ladies tapping their way across the stage.

breakdancer Hairo Torres is nothing short of astounding, but he would kill himself in Vegas.

The R&B guy is smooth and velvety but commits the ultimate sin of hitting a sour note now and again.

The 10th act must be forgettable because I can't remember what it is! It's another singer I think.

I guess I will have to watch tonight to see who sticks out before I pick my favorite.

Since when does some one have to be a world famous chef to know when they are being fed a piece of crap? Oh, and BTW, the whole point of the show is for us to critique, pick and vote our favorites.

I should have said he REMINDED me of Willie. He doesn't have the talent. The chicken catcher sings OFF KEY! That is completely unacceptable when you are in a talent contest.

Boooo Hisssssss....

There realy isn't anything truly outstanding this year.

The chicken catcher has little singing talent (as much as Willie Nelson) singing through the nose... I have no idea why the judges love him so much. HE CAN'T SING!

The operatic singer is good, but not great. Her semifinalist performance was awesome, but it's the first time I though she was better than just alright

The Voices of Glory are fun to watch, but really, would anyone pay $70 for a 90 minute show of them singing they way they do?

the Texas Tenors are only fair singers with a good schtick.

Grandma Lee is probably very funny, but it is so hard to know how good some one is in a 90 second set. Even the late night shows give you 3 or 4 minutes for the audience to warm up to you. I just don't know if she really comes across.

Recycled Percussion is fabulous and in my mind has the best Vegas-style act. But if I am buying a ticket to a show like this, I would rather go see the Blue-Man Group.

The Fab Five are also fun to watch for 90 seconds, but really not much more than that. I don't see an entire show of these ladies tapping their way across the stage.

breakdancer Hairo Torres is nothing short of astounding, but he would kill himself in Vegas.

The R&B guy is smooth and velvety but commits the ultimate sin of hitting a sour note now and again.

The 10th act must be forgettable because I can't remember what it is! It's another singer I think.

I guess I will have to watch tonight to see who sticks out before I pick my favorite.
Well...you pretty much summed up 90% of my observations. Here are a few things I would like to add:

- I really like Kevin Skinner (humble to the point you want to see him win)...just wish he could sing a little better.

- No way Grandma Lee could perform a 90-minute show...she's funny, but not that funny.

- Recycled Percussion are very creative...I love 'em. But I kept thinking to myself it's too bad there is already a Blue Man Group because there is still something missing from their act.

- Hairo Torres is a unique talent...but he's a bit too odd to sustain a 90-minutes act; 5-minutes and he's toast....and the audience is getting board.

- I love Fab Five...but fans would be shooting at them after tapping for more than 5-minutes.

In my opinion, they should bring back AcroDunk and Paradiso Dance have a 12-act Vegas variety show. Anyway, good luck to all contestants!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)