AMIKO Amiko A3 Owners Thread

Will this steps work with European amiko a3 ?

As it mention thier it's just for NA ..

if you already tried it in your European box successfully I'm going to do it too ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Where are you getting the impression that my Amiko A3 is European version? Mine is North American A3. I have never stated otherwise. If you want to try you would be doing that at your own risk and not based on my experience.

I think he is just asking if anyone or you have done it on Euro.

Hmm. I just looked quick at the A3 restore rom and it looks like it's Linux.

A3-Restore Rom.JPG

Note the Busybox file in the lower right hand corner, tons of other open source stuff in this box too. :rolleyes:

I may pick up a A3 even though it will probably piss me off big time like the HDVR3500 did when I saw my own code in it. This looks to be yet another receiver with problems that should be fixable, if the developers cared to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babadem
Where are you getting the impression that my Amiko A3 is European version? Mine is North American A3. I have never stated otherwise. If you want to try you would be doing that at your own risk and not based on my experience.
Well, I'm just asking ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

View attachment 116279

Note the Busybox file in the lower right hand corner, tons of other open source stuff in this box too. :rolleyes:

I may pick up a A3 even though it will probably piss me off big time like the HDVR3500 did when I saw my own code in it. This looks to be yet another receiver with problems that should be fixable, if the developers cared to do it.
Maybe you could help us fix the issues for our private use.

It's Android actually, it looks like Unix but it has a bunch of crap piled on top of it.

Most of the satellite functionality appears to be handled, as it was on the Alien2 before it, by a proprietary monolithic program. But if you want to hack on the rest of the system to fix things like why it never comes up sane on the first, or sometimes even second or third, reboot after a crash, more power to you!

Sorry if I overreacted.
Based on recent feedbacks you may as well try it and then update to the latest firmware ver. 2.0.78.

No worries ..

I already did it successfully..

it look like it the box became a little bit faster .

I noticed one thing ..the picon downloader is not working any more ..

Can any body upload F-droid market to me by recovering it alone ? as my box became NA now ..

Did you update to the latest stable version 2.0.78 that should bring you back to the European version

Did you update to the latest stable version 2.0.78 that should bring you back to the European version

Acutely I did update it..

but I noticed the old one 72 Eurotrashed faster little bit ..so I did the low recovery again ..

Should I update it to be European with last update ? or better to stay with Eurotrashed old one 2.0.72 ?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is 'Eurotrash' and why would it be included with the A3?

EuroTrash is small tool to remove the unneeded files from the European version to be ready to use as NA version ..

if you have NA and want to update your box to last European update you need to run Eurotrash after the update to be in NA version ..

Why all of this >> I really don't know but it's look like the NA version is more stable and ruining smoothly ..

It's Android actually, it looks like Unix but it has a bunch of crap piled on top of it.

Most of the satellite functionality appears to be handled, as it was on the Alien2 before it, by a proprietary monolithic program. But if you want to hack on the rest of the system to fix things like why it never comes up sane on the first, or sometimes even second or third, reboot after a crash, more power to you!

Proprietary monolithic program? I sincerely doubt this because of the BusyBox and other things inside of it. But it could be, I only looked at it very briefly. Maybe the program you're thinking of is BusyBox? If it is, that is open source under GPL V2 and the same as with the HDVR3500, is supposed to be documented and supported by the developers for users. I quoted the licensing in the 3500 thread, same applies here. Other things within this receiver seem to fall into that same category. Not that any of that matters, these days.

Most of the satellite functionality appears to be handled, as it was on the Alien2 before it, by a proprietary monolithic program. ...

Proprietary monolithic program? I sincerely doubt this because of the BusyBox and other things inside of it. But it could be, I only looked at it very briefly. Maybe the program you're thinking of is BusyBox? ...
I looked at it with a hex file dump utility. It appears that Jim is correct, as I found satellite code in two ELF executables named 'main.exe' and 'main_so.exe'. BusyBox is used to run these (and other) executables. And, of course, BusyBox also has many built-in commands.

The symbols stored within 'main.exe' and 'main_so.exe' reference things that you would expect to find in satellite programs, such as DiSEqC commands, references to DVR, Blind Scan, Tuner, etc.

While BusyBox itself is Open Source, the ELF exe's that use it to run are definitely not Open Source. Nor are they required to be.

Reactions: . Raine
I looked at it with a hex file dump utility. It appears that Jim is correct, as I found satellite code in two ELF executables named 'main.exe' and 'main_so.exe'. BusyBox is used to run these (and other) executables. And, of course, BusyBox also has many built-in commands.

The symbols stored within 'main.exe' and 'main_so.exe' reference things that you would expect to find in satellite programs, such as DiSEqC commands, references to DVR, Blind Scan, Tuner, etc.

While BusyBox itself is Open Source, the ELF exe's that use it to run are definitely not Open Source. Nor are they required to be.

That would depend, they actually might be. Read through the license statement for BusyBox and other programs in there. Make sure you're in the right section, not the section for non-profit-non commercial. And not the general GPL V2, go to BusyBox's site.

Most likely, they are required to be open source.

Reactions: N6BY