AMIKO Amiko MINI HD se observations.

I tried to use the "AV OUT" on my unit (using what the manual calls RCA jack) and it doesn't seem to work. (Yes, I have tried several different cables.)

Is there some trick to this? I mean, like a setting in the unit.

I tried to use the "AV OUT" on my unit (using what the manual calls RCA jack) and it doesn't seem to work. (Yes, I have tried several different cables.) Is there some trick to this? I mean, like a setting in the unit.
The A/V settings I've seen in the menu are Display Mode, Aspect and Video Out. There are numerous settings under display mode but don't know how/if they affect RCA out. I have display mode and aspect set to 720p-60 and 16:9 for the HDMI out to my TV. Video Out is set to CVBS but is greyed out on mine. I've never tried to find a way to change it since the RCA A/V out worked on mine from day one. I have it hooked to our DVD recorder.

The A/V settings I've seen in the menu are Display Mode, Aspect and Video Out. There are numerous settings under display mode but don't know how/if they affect RCA out. I have display mode and aspect set to 720p-60 and 16:9 for the HDMI out to my TV. Video Out is set to CVBS but is greyed out on mine. I've never tried to find a way to change it since the RCA A/V out worked on mine from day one. I have it hooked to our DVD recorder.

Yeah, same here. I'm trying to hookup to DVD recorder, but it doesn't work to HDTV AV input either. The RCA out 1/8" cable, is it the type that has 4 conductors, and going to separate red, white and yellow AV jacks on the other end? I mean it's not just a 2 conductor going to a single yellow (video out) is it?

O.K. I'm a dumb ass, or maybe just not so good eyes. Had it plugged in RS 232 jack. It works now. Thanks.
Don't feel bad - my vision isn't what it was a few years ago and I remember now that I almost did the same thing when I got it. Glad you figured it out. :)

I have two of these units I've had for a long time now. I originally commented on the lack of channel preview in the favorite selection screen. It has not really been an issue, just on 97W Ku I write down a list to select. And I only had to do that once.

I can say I have not had a single issue whatsoever! Both of them have been powered on 24x7 since I bought them.
One of them has been on playing a channel 24x7 for many months now, also no issues. Not a single glitch of any kind with either unit. I can definitely recommend these! They just plain work, and work well.

I have two of these units I've had for a long time now. I originally commented on the lack of channel preview in the favorite selection screen. It has not really been an issue, just on 97W Ku I write down a list to select. And I only had to do that once.

I can say I have not had a single issue whatsoever! Both of them have been powered on 24x7 since I bought them.
One of them has been on playing a channel 24x7 for many months now, also no issues. Not a single glitch of any kind with either unit. I can definitely recommend these! They just plain work, and work well.

My unit still looses the time, resettng to seemingly random dates, but usually jan 01, 2005. This happens about once or twice a week. I think it has to do with recording which I do quite a bit. But it happens sometimes when I don't record, too. So it's o.k. so long as I babysit each day by checking the clock. If I travel, the record function is useless.

My unit still looses the time, resettng to seemingly random dates, but usually jan 01, 2005. This happens about once or twice a week. I think it has to do with recording which I do quite a bit. But it happens sometimes when I don't record, too. So it's o.k. so long as I babysit each day by checking the clock. If I travel, the record function is useless.

Have you tried putting it on a small UPS to see if it keeps time?

You may have slight brownouts that dont affect other devices in your house, a bad power supply or a bad receiver possibly.

You cant go wrong with a UPS:

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/APC-BE350G-Back-UPS-6-outlet-Uninterruptible/dp/B001985SWW/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438439962&sr=1-3

No I haven't. Surges are a possible cause. That could explain why they seem random. Come to think of it, I had a surge yesterday, more of a flicker, that reset the clock on my TV. The TV clock reset is rare event, though. I don't recall that particular surge reset the Amiko.

I guess it could't hurt to get one, other than the money. I was contemplating getting another different reciever which would be more.

Thanks,

No I haven't. Surges are a possible cause. That could explain why they seem random. Come to think of it, I had a surge yesterday, more of a flicker, that reset the clock on my TV. The TV clock reset is rare event, though. I don't recall that particular surge reset the Amiko.

I guess it could't hurt to get one, other than the money. I was contemplating getting another different reciever which would be more.

Thanks,

I am in the IT industry,at work and as well as at home, I have UPSs that send me email reports when power is not exactly right. You'd be suprised.

I tried to find you the least expensive one for your needs. You could also build your own power supply with a big capacitor, that would serve the same purpose for short brownouts, but not outages.
You just cant count on power being 100% right 100% of the time.

We have been keeping all the channels that we might watch in a single favorites list. The list was at 300. I just tried to add another channel to it and was told I had hit the limit. Guess I'll have to make two lists and divide them into his and hers! :D

Reactions: fred555 and KE4EST
Have you tried putting it on a small UPS to see if it keeps time?

You may have slight brownouts that dont affect other devices in your house, a bad power supply or a bad receiver possibly.

You cant go wrong with a UPS:

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/APC-BE350G-Back-UPS-6-outlet-Uninterruptible/dp/B001985SWW/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438439962&sr=1-3

Nope, that didn't work. (But I don't regret getting the UPS.) The last time I lost the time it also reset all my program timers to 2016! Piece of crap.

Nope, that didn't work. (But I don't regret getting the UPS.) The last time I lost the time it also reset all my program timers to 2016! Piece of crap.

Well at least now you know exactly where the problem is.

Well at least now you know exactly where the problem is.

On return from my most recent trip (about a week) I was delighted to find it had held the time. It did not record as programmed, perhaps due to cloudy weather or something. Who knows?

It did delete about half of my weekly timers. I speculate when it does not find the signal, it does you the "favor" of deleting the timer.

Yup, I know where the problem is. I am done trying to record with this junk. Time to start shopping, again...

On return from my most recent trip (about a week) I was delighted to find it had held the time. It did not record as programmed, perhaps due to cloudy weather or something. Who knows?

It did delete about half of my weekly timers. I speculate when it does not find the signal, it does you the "favor" of deleting the timer.

Yup, I know where the problem is. I am done trying to record with this junk. Time to start shopping, again...

I'd like to find a reliable reciever with recording capability that has closed captioning. Can anybody give a quick comparison of the Geosat Micro vs. the Geosat Hdvr 1200?

GEOSATPRO HDVR1200

GEOSATPRO HDVR1200

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts