An Epiphany Happened Tonight RE:DVR Fees

ohio_caps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
So I thought the $6 DVR fee applied to each DVR a household had. I read a post tonight where a DISH Rep (not sure when these guys started showing up on the forums as I was an unwelcome guest for awhile). Apparently I can have more then 1 DVR and it is still only $6 per month for the whole account? Can someone verify this is true?

Thanks in Advance,

John

So I thought the $6 DVR fee applied to each DVR a household had. I read a post tonight where a DISH Rep (not sure when these guys started showing up on the forums as I was an unwelcome guest for awhile). Apparently I can have more then 1 DVR and it is still only $6 per month for the whole account? Can someone verify this is true?

Thanks in Advance,

John
This should not have been a surprise as this change did happen some time ago. The DVR $6.00 fee is charged once a month per account, regardless of how many DVR's you have active on the account.

This should not have been a surprise as this change did happen some time ago. The DVR $6.00 fee is charged once a month per account, regardless of how many DVR's you have active on the account.

Should not be a surprise? What a joke. When you start posting a price list on your website with a $ figure next to each product then it would be obvious. As a Dish subscriber since 1999, please don't insult me with your obvious statement. The facts would be enough!! Maybe I missed a big pink flyer in my bill??? I am really tourqued off by your reply if you can't tell?

Should not be a surprise? What a joke. When you start posting a price list on your website with a $ figure next to each product then it would be obvious. As a Dish subscriber since 1999, please don't insult me with your obvious statement. The facts would be enough!!
I apologize, no insult was intended but true surprise on my side. Please accept my apology, as that was not how I intended my comment.

Liquid, do you know if the $3 add. would apply to 211 if I hooked up a EHD? I understand there is a $40 activation fee. guess there will be changes in February for some EHD's?

The 211 has no DVR fee other than the $40 "one time fee"

Its (I think) $10 a month if its added on the account as an extra receiver fee

so if you got a 211 its $40 activation fee to use a external hard drive on it and (according to Matt) $7 a month extra receiver fee

The only changes are to the toher units to add an external drive. From the retailer chat
As of February 1st there will be NO one time activation fee for External Hard Drives.... however for 211 and 211k's to turn them into a DVR the $40 fee still applies.

.... however for 211 and 211k's to turn them into a DVR the $40 fee still applies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I read that in the retailer section on the forums tonight, I am more interested in the ongoing costs and what the wife will see when the bill comes in (LOL)

Peace Ice

Meanwhile there is a $17 fee for each of my 2 721's and 622. $51 and I'm not sure why that fee exists.

Meanwhile there is a $17 fee for each of my 2 721's and 622. $51 and I'm not sure why that fee exists.

Those are what they call "Just Because" fees. It's "just because" they have you by the balls, and want to squeeze every last penny out of you. Is it any wonder that Dish made the "15 most hated companies in America" list this year? Those fees were top of the list in complaints that got them there.

http://247wallst.com/2010/01/05/the-15-most-hated-companies-in-america/

As of February 1st there will be NO one time activation fee for External Hard Drives.... however for 211 and 211k's to turn them into a DVR the $40 fee still applies.

Can we get some clarity on this? Will we just be able to use an ehd without paying a fee?