An Iceberg sighting

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey I love Iceberg... and I miss him in the staff area and online. I would smile when I see his name in the whos online list. I want Iceberg here and I hope someday perhaps someday he can be staff again. I have no problems says he was and is our best member. (Sorry MSmith) I think of Tony as the Bret Hart of SatelliteGuys... The Best the Was, The Best there is, and the Best there ever will be. :)

I took a look at what Tony wrote and say it as a positive as he has gone through a lot of changes in his life since he left us as staff many months ago. (And I got PM's from people wondering why he was removed while I was on vacation, he was not this happened many months ago... so why are you just noticing and ating concerned now.) :D

Yep, this is reminiscent of how Vince McMahon screwed Bret Hart in his final match with Sean Micheals before a jam packed capacity crowd in Bret's home town, after giving his all to the WWE. Bret never got the big final farewell victory he was promised in that match. Scott, do the right thing and bring back Iceberg. I speak for many when I say that Iceberg's postings, ideas and moderating, including but not limited to his original Avatar were instrumental in attracting traffic to Satelliteguys when this site was struggling to gain memberships. And by you putting a gag order on anyone wanting to know why Iceberg was let go actually, goes against your own idea of having a free and open forum where people can freely express their views without fear of favor.

Last edited:
Is it possible that both parties are right and wrong? Based on my observation and understanding of what led up to this, it was not healthy for either party or the forum to continue down the same path.

I am sure that when Tony and Scott can agree to put the mistakes of the past aside and move forward in cooperation for what is best for the forum, this could be easily resolved. I believe that this is the first step in the right direction.

Let's all support the positives of Iceberg's return rather than dredge up crap and our personal issues against Tony or Scott! This is a great forum and we can always make it better!

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

I agree Brian.

Oh and Scott... no, I'm still the best member here. The other members have spoken year after year. (although I know sometimes you have to post stuff)

but shocked to hear you cut the cord!

nah don't be. I said for over a year that if I had to pay for programming I would have cancelled Directv. Its just getting too dang expensive. The only reason I kept it is because I had a huge credit on my account so that dwindled slowly. Its hard to justify paying like $100 for TV.

The harder thing was to go from about 30 channels (excluding the religious ones) over the air in Minneapolis down to 12 total in Duluth.

With that said, it is good to hear from you Iceberg & your account of what happened. Hope the world is treating you well.
it is.

Btw I made the comment about the gf 1/2 your age would be jb.....sorry bout that. A few yrs ago I'd been right. ;)
nah dont worry about it. I did laugh when I read that.. Maybe down the line ;)

Who's Iceberg ??? :D

Hopefully, welcome back mate !

ice.jpeg

Hey Tony,
It's good to see you again ...
Thanks for the update, I haven't heard from you in a while, didn't know you moved (again :eek:) ...
yup.
Seeing PM's are not an option ... :(
correct. Due to people obviously not seeing I wasnt online for 3 weeks at a time (as Scott mentioned I did pop in every now and then but just read) I'd see in my e-mail that I had a PM and it usually was someone who is asking me a question when they either asked it on the board already or could have easily asked it on the board. Then I'd see an e-mail a couple days later that the same person PM'd me again. Figured it's easier to just shut it off as I pop in every now and then.

You have my email, drop me a line ... do you still have the same email we've corresponded with in the past ?
yup still have it somewhere

Last edited:
Is it possible that both parties are right and wrong? Based on my observation and understanding of what led up to this, it was not healthy for either party or the forum to continue down the same path.

I am sure that when Tony and Scott can agree to put the mistakes of the past aside and move forward in cooperation for what is best for the forum, this could be easily resolved. I believe that this is the first step in the right direction.

Well, sometimes things do happen and people come and go as their lives change and that doesn't necessarily mean that anyone is at 'fault'. Things can happen in a way that both parties regret it but that is simply life sometimes.

well put by both of you.

Scott, do the right thing and bring back Iceberg.
That wasn't the reason of the original post. I never asked to be brought back. I've moved on. Yes I was bitter at the beginning but it allowed me honestly to move on with my life.

I just posted an update because folks have asked about me.

That wasn't the reason of the original post. I never asked to be brought back. I've moved on. Yes I was bitter at the beginning but it allowed me honestly to move on with my life.

I just posted an update because folks have asked about me.
Understood, but it would be extremely beneficial to the FTA community to have you back at your previous position and status in this forum. This is one of those " I refuse to accept your resignation" scenario! LOL!!:D

I never realized that "tank" err Iceberg had left the forumns

Sorry but I am only posting under Iceberg :)
And I'm kinda disturbed you actually would think that. I wasn't banned. I just was relieved of my position as staff.

Last edited:
You were someone who had the answer (correct) so often. Many years I saw you as staff member of the year. (If there was such a thing) So very glad you posted, hope you decide to post some more. If there is any chance of mending fences I hope that can happen.

Dr. Scott held a special place for us in Connecticut. He owned a station here, WHCT channel 18 and broadcast on it for many years. I think my two favorite things about him was his dryboard that no one could possibly understand, and getting mad at people not donating or at his own staff. Made for terrific TV.

You were someone who had the answer (correct) so often. Many years I saw you as staff member of the year. (If there was such a thing)
I still have my "member of the year" plaque that Scott did for a couple years (I think it was 2006...its somewhere in a box). I think Sean Mota and myself are the only recipients of the plaque

If there is any chance of mending fences I hope that can happen.
I just decided to post an update for the folks because I see folks have asked. That was all the original post intended to be. I didn't expect the response it got in a short amount of time.

Dr. Scott held a special place for us in Connecticut. He owned a station here, WHCT channel 18 and broadcast on it for many years. I think my two favorite things about him was his dryboard that no one could possibly understand, and getting mad at people not donating or at his own staff. Made for terrific TV.
I still have some old clips from youtube where he would sit there silent for 5 minutes then just starts yelling.
His widow still preaches and is on roku (under "understand the bible") and on the web (and on free to air too)

Last edited:
I agree Brian.

Oh and Scott... no, I'm still the best member here. The other members have spoken year after year. (although I know sometimes you have to post stuff)

You still hung up on that 1993 satguys member of the year?:D

Look,I don't know what transpired,what I do know is Iceberg was always willing to help,helped me numerous occasions.Would like to see him back.That said,I respect whatever Scott decides,he has also been very helpful to me.Somehow they just seem to be better as the yin and yang,maybe abbot and costello?Of the site.:D

I remember before Gene Scott came on each night on Channel 18 they aired Bozo's Big Top.

We went from one Bozo to another. :D

Channel 18 is what got Doc in trouble with the FCC as he wouldn't disclose how much money he was making with channel 18. I remember him sitting on the floor playing with the wind up monkeys. Good times!

Tony as I said before, but I will say it again don't be a stranger!

nah wouldnt call myself the King. Thats Richard Petty (or some guy named Elvis)
Hey man I drive by the kings spot in Level Cross every day to go to work.......Great humble man he is as you are also!!!...Didn`t start hanging around here til I figured how thing worked!!! ...Want me to tell a story about the King?

Glad to cya iceberg.

It is good to hear from you - your depth of knowledge - and memory were great assets! Stick around!
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)