An Observation - Manhattan -vs- Azbox Elite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
to nicknjen. your lockup is caused by the firmware update. i got that when i loaded the latest firmware from the downloads here. i went back to my firmware from sadoun. i guess i will work getting those labels from the firmware. wife is leaving me for a couple of days so i might have time to play with the openbox. also have 4 gallons of watermelon wine to bottle and a gallon of grape wine... charlie

to nicknjen. your lockup is caused by the firmware update. i got that when i loaded the latest firmware from the downloads here. i went back to my firmware from sadoun. i guess i will work getting those labels from the firmware. wife is leaving me for a couple of days so i might have time to play with the openbox. also have 4 gallons of watermelon wine to bottle and a gallon of grape wine... charlie

I think that is what I am going to do this weekend is try some different firmware(s)... I am running the firmware that is posted here.. a buddy of mine was having some problems with the "stock" firmware so as soon as I got mine I updated it without even trying it out. So I may roll it back to the stock firmware and download some others and see what happens.. I guess the worst that can happen is it fries the box and I have to get a new AZbox or Manhattan...

Between my Pansat 3500 and the AzBox Ultra the regular DBS signals are almost identical. The signal meters read a bit different but the TPs drop in and out (when aiming the dish) at exactly the same positions at 1/10 of a degree resolution in C-band. I don't have anything (yet) to compare S2 or S2 8psk signals.. Interesting to see how much more sensitivity the Manhattan has... as this is a real world test and numbers in a specification list in the manufacturer's manual do not often carry much weight.
-C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)