An Observation - Manhattan -vs- Azbox Elite

Status
Please reply by conversation.
to nicknjen. your lockup is caused by the firmware update. i got that when i loaded the latest firmware from the downloads here. i went back to my firmware from sadoun. i guess i will work getting those labels from the firmware. wife is leaving me for a couple of days so i might have time to play with the openbox. also have 4 gallons of watermelon wine to bottle and a gallon of grape wine... charlie

to nicknjen. your lockup is caused by the firmware update. i got that when i loaded the latest firmware from the downloads here. i went back to my firmware from sadoun. i guess i will work getting those labels from the firmware. wife is leaving me for a couple of days so i might have time to play with the openbox. also have 4 gallons of watermelon wine to bottle and a gallon of grape wine... charlie

I think that is what I am going to do this weekend is try some different firmware(s)... I am running the firmware that is posted here.. a buddy of mine was having some problems with the "stock" firmware so as soon as I got mine I updated it without even trying it out. So I may roll it back to the stock firmware and download some others and see what happens.. I guess the worst that can happen is it fries the box and I have to get a new AZbox or Manhattan...

Between my Pansat 3500 and the AzBox Ultra the regular DBS signals are almost identical. The signal meters read a bit different but the TPs drop in and out (when aiming the dish) at exactly the same positions at 1/10 of a degree resolution in C-band. I don't have anything (yet) to compare S2 or S2 8psk signals.. Interesting to see how much more sensitivity the Manhattan has... as this is a real world test and numbers in a specification list in the manufacturer's manual do not often carry much weight.
-C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts