An update... Spoke with Elliott

<< I personally verified that there are no open orders. All of the orders in the system either a.) got fulfilled and shipped or e-mailed or b.) if we could not fulfill the order, customers were given full refund credits back to the credit card used for the original purchase. >>

Guess what?
You missed one!

In case nobody noticed it's been one month since Elliot's one and only post after the collapse. All we've really seen from this is the software download page from the website and the continued operation of the validation server. We have no direct knowledge that he's maintaining the server.

I'm assuming we aren't going to see any movement on the software possibilities. Obviously we also haven't seen any updated version of the software that frees it of ties to TimeTrax.

From the first post in the thread about possibilities talked about for the software:
Here are the ideas on the table

1) Continue to run the TimeTrax registration servers as they are now.
2) Allow SatelliteGuys (or another party) run the registration servers
3) Release a patch would would keep TimeTrax from looking for a registration server
4) Release a new freeware version
5) Make TimeTrax a Open Source software

1) I guess that's what is happening now but I don't imagine it will go on for any length of time. Someone is paying the bills and is going to get tired of it when there's no money coming in.

2) Did that go anywhere, Scott?

3) Obviously that hasn't happened.

4) That either.

5) Or that.

Scott, have you heard anything else from him?

Good Update

Scott

Thanks for the update! I use my TimeTrax constantly. Hope it never goes away. Any idea on if the TimeTrax software checks registration everytime you start it up or just when you first register the software?

Alos if TT goes away will everyone's software stop working properly?

How are they keeping it up and running today?

Thanks for the good info

TMR97 said:
Scott

Thanks for the update! I use my TimeTrax constantly. Hope it never goes away. Any idea on if the TimeTrax software checks registration everytime you start it up or just when you first register the software?

Alos if TT goes away will everyone's software stop working properly?

How are they keeping it up and running today?

Thanks for the good info

You need to read some other threads. Most of your questions are already answered. As to the one that is probably the biggest problem, some people experience software shutdown if it's not able to access the Internet (which is the same thing as if the TT server disappeared.) Others, like myself, haven't experienced this. We aren't sure why some people are affected and others not.

And, by the way, you're thanking Scott for an 'update' from a post a month ago. We need more updates to know what's going on.

Has anyone noticed that the TimeTrax website is gone tonight? (8:00pm Eastern) The TT software is still getting a response from checking for updates.

Where?

Hey pretzle is there any way to get the software and register it anymore? I have an order number but never did get a reg code... Can someone help me out with their reg code so I can use this thing too please?

Get, yes. Register, no. Someone recently got lucky by using the PayPal form on their website to pay for it and they mysteriously got a registration number. I wouldn't recommend taking that chance. The whole site it no longer responding now anyhow. The registration codes are tied to Radio IDs and TimeTrax generated those. That's what the software looks for when it calls home. Nobody else can provide that to you.

I've been trying my registration key all evening on an old ver 1.8 but can't seem to get it to do the deed. Does it need a registration server or some such ? Argh!

Are you definitely using the pre-Recast key? You did purchase your TimeTrax before Recast came out, right?

Are you using the original TT registration key and not the later-issued Recast key when they changed their registration process? Also, we've recently discovered that installing Recast on a computer and then installing an original TT version on it second (both installed at the same time) eliminated the need to enter anything for the registration key on the pre-TT version.

Last edited:
If anyone is keeping track of the continuing status of things. The TimeTrax site is now giving an Error 400. In my previous note, when it disappeared, it was giving an Error 402.

Scott, do you have anything to say yet since you didn't respond weeks ago?

This most likely means announcements. They like to SHUT EVERYTHING down and make people wait just before they don't let anyone else whats happening.

YIKES.

Oddly enough - the registration servers are still pingable :)

I also saw the registration server is there. I'm very curious about the one person who said that they can't get their registration to take. I'm wondering if the server is functioning.

You probably ought to pursue a chargeback. I think someone said even paypal was helpful in getting some action.

Well, it's now been two full months since Elliot's singular post. At this point I think we can safely assume that he has abandoned the customer base and lost the ability to type.

The timetraxtech.com page has reappeared in a reformatted version. This may be an indicator that someone else is hosting it now.

It would be nice to know why Scott has been utterly silent since the beginning of this thread even though he's been addressed directly here.

I'd like to know if anyone other than the two people who have posted in other threads who have done reinstalls to clean systems have faced failures in authentication. That is certainly something that will bear down upon all of us and backing up the registration entries is very important at this point.

It would seem that we're all that is left of a loyal TimeTrax following. It's a shame that wasn't a two way street.

I did a reinstall to a clean system on Aug. 18 06. I installed recast 8.1 then added
3.2 both work great. I used my old activation registration codes the recast code
was from 9/22/05 and said it was suppose to expire on 5/28/06

Your install was a little to early for our needs on this. The problems reported were more recent than that. Thank you for letting us know that though. At least we know when a confirmed good install occured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts