Problem getting an activation code

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

alexnew

Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Hi all,

I paid for the TimeTrax software and hardware directly from TimeTrax. I paid them with paypal and received the hardware and cables just fine. The same week, we packed up part of our place to open an office out of town. I set up he equipment last week. I checked my email from TimeTrax.. I keep all my email about purchases.. I received no activation code. TimeTrax software doesn't work without an activation key.

Found I couldn't capture more than 15 minutes since I didn't have an activation code. I went to the timetrax support site and requested a re-send of the software key, as their site recommends. The site then reported that I didn't have a key. I do have an account there, and have the paypal records which I sent to them on the 11th. Today's the 15th, and while that isn't a long long time, one might think that just getting me a key should take more than a day or two? The problem with Timetrax software is that it just doesn't work. TimeTrax never issued a key, even though it was paid for.

Anyone have a problem with TimeTrax and activiation codes? If you did, then how did you resolve it? I'm *not* talking about the XM radio activiation, I already have 3 active XM radios here..

Has anyone used the 'send my activation key' feature of the timetrax website? I never received an original activation code. I can't get the Timetrax support system to send me the original, if TimeTrax did create one. The TimeTrax activation code - re-send software activation key doesn't work. Link to re-send your activation keys - this reports - no key to me. It reports no key for either the original one I paid for or what they report as a permanent registration key. Does this function work at the web site at all?

Is anyone else having a problem getting an activation key after paying for your product?

Help!

Last edited:
While I have no experience with their "Send Activation Key" feature, it is not uncommon for spam filters, either in your client or at your ISP/Email host, to miscategorize software activation notices. I've seen it happen for many, many products, and the smaller outfits seem to get hit worse than the bigger ones.

Open a support ticket.

Thanks for the response. I did open a ticket back on the 11th, and received an immediate reply that the trouble was being handed over to their sales department to find out why I never received an activation code.

So far, I've gotten nothing. I sent in the various email correspondance we had during the purchase, the Paypal receipts, etc. But still no activation key.

You know how it goes, when you want it to work, you want it right away, and waiting a week while they've had my $$ for months just isn't right.

-Alex

I received a response the day I opened the ticket saying the issue would be forwarded to the sales department. No one from Sales has called or written. I guess my next step is to complain on a wider basis.

Anyone have a suggestion on the places to file a formal complaint? I have the cool deal where I pay a fixed rate monthly for 'unlimited' legal help. Hopefully it won't come to that.

There is a forum at XMradio, I think.

I'm gettting the impression there's nobody home at Timetrax other than Derek, who hasn't been given the power to resolve these. Come on TimeTrax management, give our pal Derek the horsepower to solve these issues. Is it really worth this kind of bad press?

Go Derek!

Consider this thread closed. I received the key code on the 29th of June - last Thursday. It took a few weeks..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)