An Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
82 back in my East Valley neighborhood tonight.

You don't like your SW US / Arizona weather? I think we have the best overall weather in the entire US. But sadly I just transfered out so I dearly miss it.

I love the weather here in Tucson. It only over 100 for a month or two usually (and, yes: its a dry heat and yes: that matters alot). The rest of the summer we have beautiful thunderstorms in the afternoons (I love watching the lightning) and then we have the endless winters of 65-80 degrees.

What's not to love? No snow, ice, high humidity, earthquakes, volcanoes(?), hurricanes, tornadoes... Just nice weather.

I love the weather here in Tucson. It only over 100 for a month or two usually (and, yes: its a dry heat and yes: that matters alot). The rest of the summer we have beautiful thunderstorms in the afternoons (I love watching the lightning) and then we have the endless winters of 65-80 degrees.

What's not to love? No snow, ice, high humidity, earthquakes, volcanoes(?), hurricanes, tornadoes... Just nice weather.

We are not discussing weather in this thread. Take it somewhere else.

I just check my account (recent activities) on D* website and noticed a charge and credit for HD Access on 9/18 for $3.33. Anyone else have this? I'm assuming this was part of the glitch.

Mine is similar but shows more. Itemized listings for Cinemax HD and Starz HD. All are dated 9/16.

Attachments

• activity.JPG
    activity.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 187
Mine is similar but shows more. Itemized listings for Cinemax HD and Starz HD. All are dated 9/16.

It is good to see someone with more charges bill on their than mine. My wife will be especially interested, becasue she doesn't think it possible.

Pay for view doesn't count!

Anyone know what the Sports HD is for? I have the NFL Sunday ticket and that isn't on my account at all.

It is good to see someone with more charges bill on their than mine. My wife will be especially interested, becasue she doesn't think it possible.

Pay for view doesn't count!

She never asks to see the bill :D

I subscribe to Premier, the Sports HD may be any RSN's providing HD feeds that I would be entitled-to.

How D* could have handled this differently

D* is in a public relations bind because it has customers like us that want all the channels turned on last year, but it has business and legal obligations that it must observe (such as about making forward-looking statements and statements about services) that restrict what the company can say. It also has to be careful about what is said from a fiduciary standpoint. I think they did miss a PR opportunity, though.

They should have lit up one channel from D10. They could have broadcast a statement along the lines of "Greetings from D* via the new D10 satellite. Soon we will be adding dozens of HD channels for your enjoyment. Before we can do that we have to make sure that all systems are ready and you can understand that we are working with a lot of sophisticated new technology. We want to test everything properly so you will have no service interruptions once we activate the new channels. Please be patient with us so we can have everything right for you, our valued customers. Once everything is tested throughly and working properly, you will enjoy the best HD programming available. In the meantime, here are some samples of what you will be able to enjoy from D*." Then they could run sample loops from the channels that would be appearing.

I'm so sorry, you're right. This is an 'update' thread. So do you have an update? I'd love to read one.

Does anyone? Since people are still getting the "recent activity" changes, it looks like things are getting better but they're not quite there yet.

I miss the Tucson weather (sometimes, at least--I lived there from 1984-2000)). It has been barely 60 here for the past few days.

We are not discussing weather in this thread. Take it somewhere else.

He was responding to a post here made by a few, and I am pretty sure he can post what he wants within the rules of the sight owners. I will go out on a limb and suggest you are not one them, so if you do not like what people are typing, perhaps you should take your smiley little A$$ elsewhere, or better yet DONT READ IT..

Man what is with people??

He was responding to a post here made by a few, and I am pretty sure he can post what he wants within the rules of the sight owners. I will go out on a limb and suggest you are not one them, so if you do not like what people are typing, perhaps you should take your smiley little A$$ elsewhere, or better yet DONT READ IT..

Man what is with people??

What is with you, another off topic post. People like me who sub to threads because we want updates just love to get an email from an update thread about the weather.

Get off the weather, lets get off our opinions and wait for someone to add to this thread that actually has an update.

What is with you, another off topic post. People like me who sub to threads because we want updates just love to get an email from an update thread about the weather.

Get off the weather, lets get off our opinions and wait for someone to add to this thread that actually has an update.

Thanks, but as I think I will post and respond to what I want when I want..Turn your freaking email off, or stop watching the thread..Dunno what else to tell ya!!, Well I do, but I want to remain nice.:D

Thanks, but as I think I will post and respond to what I want when I want..Turn your freaking email off, or stop watching the thread..Dunno what else to tell ya!!, Well I do, but I want to remain nice.:D

Thats ok, this is an example of what the report post button is about.

Anyone that knows anything about forums knows that off topic posting is frowned upon, to bad we have to get a mod to tell you guys that.

Please get this back on topic for updates about the Hd channel launches.

Thanks all - exciting times are just in front of us

Thats ok, this is an example of what the report post button is about.

Anyone that knows anything about forums knows that off topic posting is frowned upon, to bad we have to get a mod to tell you guys that.

Get over yourself, what a baby, all your moaning is going to do is encourage more folks to post off topic, let the mods do their jobs, and quit wishing it was yours.

Status
Please reply by conversation.