An Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am just thinking they will have the situation handled in 2 days worth of fixing the technical difficulties. So that would lead me to believe that we will see something by 3:00 pm on friday.

Here's my guess on launch date for new HD channels. If D* is having authorization code problems (software) then the channels planned for the 19th will come on as soon as the problem is fixed. To me they will not resolve the issue then wait x amoun of days to launch them. They will launch them when the problem is fixed. If the problem is corrected as we speak why would they wit a few days to launch them?

I am just thinking they will have the situation handled in 2 days worth of fixing the technical difficulties. So that would lead me to believe that we will see something by 3:00 pm on friday.

I agree with your line of thinking. There was a problem( I mean this is rocket science right :p), they are working to fix it. You have to give them that. Anyone that deals with any kind of equipment knows that firing up new stuff rarely goes as planned.

My estimate may be optimistic.....csrs are now saying they were informed this morning of a 3-4 week delay. They are always wrong, but usually they tell you the best case scenario, so it could be more than that.

My estimate may be optimistic.....csrs are now saying they were informed this morning of a 3-4 week delay. They are always wrong, but usually they tell you the best case scenario, so it could be more than that.

So you are basing your launch date info on what CSRS are saying?

CSRS are reliable when it comes to release dates for things.....just add at least 2 or 3 weeks to what they say.

So if I understand you correctly - you are taking what the CSRS said as the basis of your launch date post of October 15th or later, is that correct?

Yes or no answer will do.

There should be a rule on this site that automatically deletes any posts that have the words "a CSR said" or "CSR's are saying" in it... seriously, haven't they caused enough problems already?

BTW - FIOS might be the best all-around provider, but since 99.5% (or more) of us couldn't get it even if we wanted to, we have to live with what we can get....

So if I understand you correctly - you are taking what the CSRS said as the basis of your launch date post of October 15th or later, is that correct?

Yes or no answer will do.

No, I am balancing what they are saying with the predictions of my own sources and the insiders who occassionally post updates around the net, the ones who are not overly biased toward making directv look good anyway, like bschenider. They think the delay won't be quite that long, so I'm taking the safe approach.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts