An Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just got a call from one of my contacts who said it appears the new real HD channel launches have been pushed back to next week (with no dates given)

I have not seen or heard any info from the video which is showing on channel 570, but I have a friend who will be tuning into it for me and will report to me what they say.
I was quoted the 30th about two hours ago...

I have said this before but will say it again.

DirecTV is a COMMUNICATIONS company. They suck at COMMUNICATIONS.

They could have avoided much of the negativity that is being seen here at at other forums if they just got off their ass and issued a simple public statement.

Instead they just ignored everyone including the press with no comment on the situation which made matters worse.

Their silence SPOKE VOLUMES to many of thier customers.

All the anger, confusion & fustration could have been avoided if their PR department just put out a simple press release.

DIRECTV got a black eye over this, and from where I sit, they deserved it.

Perhaps its time for Robert Mercer to give his notice.

jeeeez, lol,newsflash,,,,,,this just in (from reliable sources of course), Directv petitions the federal government to adjust the official calendar to reflect that September 30th will occur in 6 months..... film at 11

Same here.

Congratulations!

Your HD setup is correct and you are seeing this broadcast from our new HD Satellite. By the end of this month, we'll have many of your favorite channels in HD, with over 70 launching in October and up to 100 by the end of the year.

I am going to read that message literally and say that we aren't getting any more new channels until the 29th or 30th and just a small number at that. From there we will get dozens more HD channels through October, and just for argument we will say don't expect them until the end of October. Then another couple of dozen will be added in November and December.

Well said Scott! This has ALWAYS been D* downfall. They treat there customers like crap. Its like they forget who really makes them money!

They could have avoided much of the negativity that is being seen here at at other forums if they just got off their ass and issued a simple public statement.

Instead they just ignored everyone including the press with no comment on the situation which made matters worse.

All the anger, confusion & fustration could have been avoided if their PR department just put out a simple press release.

And all Directv would have to do is apoligize and tell us we are working on the problem but we do not know how long its going to take. Just keep us updated on the progress

I'm still hoping that they will bring out the HD channels tommorow morning and that your wrong scott anymore sources anyone?I know its 7 but you know...been up all night watching 498

I sure am glad that someone finally had the b**ls to say what most of us are thinking. With all the apologist running rampant around here, I for one am glad to hear Scott fess up and say the truth about it all..

Too bad with all the recent confrence calls that the exec's from D* have been doing that someone didn't ask WTF was happening.

I realize that DirecTV would get more calls and these forums will have more to talk about, but DirecTV should use their website to "communicate" with the masses. All it would take would be a link on their front page to an HD status page. It should be updated as often as necessary.

Looks like mlb superfan channel will be blacked out again on the most critical sunday of the season.

Well said!

Too bad with all the recent confrence calls that the exec's from D* have been doing that someone didn't ask WTF was happening.
I dont think any of those execs or Merrill Lynch etc really care if they start launching channels today, tomorrow or October 1 as long as they have the numbers they state by the dates they state.

I don't think anyone has a clue, but I've sure let the local newspaper and radio channels have an earfull over this. Maybe when the stories of D*'s failures start making the news they will get off their rears.

I don't think anyone has a clue, but I've sure let the local newspaper and radio channels have an earfull over this. Maybe when the stories of D*'s failures start making the news they will get off their rears.
Over what? If D* choses to launch a bunch of channels all at once on October 1st or just one on Sept 29 they still have met their stated goals.

Just a reminder everyone. Chase Carey's conference call with Liberty Media is at 11:15am ET. Thats less than 30 mins. away. Maybe he will say something about the HD expansion to them. I doubt it but nothing wrong with being optimistic!

Over what? If D* choses to launch a bunch of channels all at once on October 1st or just one on Sept 29 they still have met their stated goals.

Seriously, how is it that nobody except a few seem to understand this. There are literally millions of subs, 99% of which have no idea what is going on, they will just be happy when they come on, no great expectations one minute to the next. We are a tiny minority here and there is no black eye what so ever to almost the entire sub set. Good lordy everyone, the old saying if the tree falls down in the woods and there is no one to hear it.....yes the animals in the forrest here it (that would be us) but it's just not going to affect anything in the mainstream. We are not the entire world here!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)