An Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Seems like Liberty's conference has all ready started! They have a 9am ET start time and Directv website has a 11:15am ET start time. I listening to it right now but I notice its not Chase Carey talking! Maybe he's up next!!

Seems like Liberty's conference has all ready started! They have a 9am ET start time and Directv website has a 11:15am ET start time. I listening to it right now but I notice its not Chase Carey talking! Maybe he's up next!!

I hope so because this Starz talk is making me ill. I'm listening to the list of all of the stars that are on in their movies for this year,,,,arrrgh.

Everytime I turn on Starz, its a Pirates Movie, Starz or an Adam Sandler film.

Now they got someone talking about Game Show Network.

I am shocked by their website stats. Some of our numbers here at SatelliteGuys are close to what GSN.COM does.

They should have turned them on for all with MPEG4 receivers while they fixed their issues.

Those not subscribed to some of the service could have got a free preview. It would have been GREAT PR for DirecTV.

But no they take the silent approach which leaves everyone guessing.

It's bad communication.

I'm dying to see those Pirates movies in HD. I know as soon as Starz HD goes live those Pirates movies will disappear! ><

Everytime I turn on Starz, its a Pirates Movie, Starz or an Adam Sandler film.

Now they got someone talking about Game Show Network.

I am shocked by their website stats. Some of our numbers here at SatelliteGuys are close to what GSN.COM does.

I have the first two pirates movies on dvd and they look much better then on regular stars.i have a normal Dvd player thats built into a home theater system I noticed how the audio type changes from the regular channels to the hd ones(hd usually 2.1 etc) I can't wait to see 1080i pirates...

They should have turned them on for all with MPEG4 receivers while they fixed their issues.

Those not subscribed to some of the service could have got a free preview. It would have been GREAT PR for DirecTV.

But no they take the silent approach which leaves everyone guessing.

It's bad communication.

But what are the issues? Maybe they can't do the above.

He needs to take a public speaking class, he stinks at doing presentations with the umms!

On the HD front, he said in the coming weeks, FWIW!

I have said this before but will say it again.

DirecTV is a COMMUNICATIONS company. They suck at COMMUNICATIONS.

They could have avoided much of the negativity that is being seen here at at other forums if they just got off their ass and issued a simple public statement.

Instead they just ignored everyone including the press with no comment on the situation which made matters worse.

Their silence SPOKE VOLUMES to many of thier customers.

All the anger, confusion & fustration could have been avoided if their PR department just put out a simple press release.

DIRECTV got a black eye over this, and from where I sit, they deserved it.

Perhaps its time for Robert Mercer to give his notice.

Well said, and I generally agree with this.

However, at the risk of being called an "appologist" or worse, I think I can see what D*'s motivation is for their lack of comment on this issue.

It's probably true that about 1% of their subscriber base has any clue whatsoever that anything was "supposed" to happen on the 19th.

The other 99% are fat, dumb, and happy enjoying the channels they've always had.

If they issued a press release describing a "problem", it would simply cause undue concern for a portion of that 99% and would almost certianly make their stock prices plummet. Their stock holders would surely not be amused by that!

So, as long as it's a minor issue, that they expect to have fixed within a few days, I can understand their motive for not being verbose about what the problem is.

However, as one of those 1% that is "aware" of the problem, I'd sure love for some specific details, and predictions of when it will be solved to "leak" out! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)