OTHER Analog KU Band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

d00d3l

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2017
College Station TX
Is there such thing as analog Ku band? And if so, would an X2 Premium (also under many many other names :p ) be able to receive it? C-band gets the most analog I've noticed. I have never seen an analog Ku band signal (except for early Primestar setups, they were Ku band, and analog) but I've seen plenty of analog C band signals. Of course I'm not expecting a 24/7 feed, but it would be interesting to see! Thanks (Edit: Pfft, there is analog Ku band, every channel needs an analog signal to work xD But I mean a non-DVB, analog television channel on Ku.)

Analog KU feeds were very common until DVBS format was introduced. Mostly news and sports used either a full or half transponder. KU capable satellites were configured with up to 36 transponders. I recall one weekend in the early nineties I was amazed to find 16 KU feeds on the same satellite. WOW!

The last time I found an analog NTSC channel on KU was back in 2006. Got rid of the last analog receiver a few years ago as there was only one analog C-band channel remaining.

The x2 is not capable of receiving analog channels. Legacy analog or 4DTV receivers will tune analog channels. Often find these at Goodwill or a garage sale for $10. On EBay, the shipping cost is often higher than the item itself.

Reactions: KE4EST
Analog KU feeds were very common until DVBS format was introduced. Mostly news and sports used either a full or half transponder. KU capable satellites were configured with up to 36 transponders. I recall one weekend in the early nineties I was amazed to find 16 KU feeds on the same satellite. WOW!

The last time I found an analog NTSC channel on KU was back in 2006. Got rid of the last analog receiver a few years ago as there was only one analog C-band channel remaining.

The x2 is not capable of receiving analog channels. Legacy analog or 4DTV receivers will tune analog channels. Often find these at Goodwill or a garage sale for $10. On EBay, the shipping cost is often higher than the item itself.
Sorry for the extremely late reply. I wonder why it doesn't support analog. Do you think it can do analog C-band once I get a conical scalar and C-band LNB for my Geosatpro?

Its a dvbs receiver it wont do anything on analog. I have a minibud setup. Only thing i receive is digital programming. It would cost a lot of money to install that for your receiver for no analog channels.

Sorry for the extremely late reply. I wonder why it doesn't support analog. Do you think it can do analog C-band once I get a conical scalar and C-band LNB for my Geosatpro?

Asking why current DVBS2 STBs don't receive analog is like asking why automobiles manufacturers no longer install 8-track players.

One might receive a very snowy picture on the analog C-Span channel with a 90cm dish and an analog receiver. No other 24/7 analog service is transmitted on C-band anymore.

as far as I know the only remaining Analog satellite TV signal that can be received in North America is C-Span on 131 West in C-Band. No modern receiver will be able to receive that, so the only option is an old receiver. And I doubt very much that you would get anything watchable on that channel with a 90cm dish.

I'm using a Motorola DSR 4500x commercial receiver to receive analog CSPAN on 131w. I don't know of any other hybrid models that do MPEG2 and analog, but being a commercial receiver it can only be programmed for 1 channel at a time.

Reactions: norman881

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)