Analog receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moseley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
I want to pick up a analog receiver for KU band.

Too many ebay auctions don't say analog. Is it safe to assume that it is okay to get any receiver that says videocipher?

i have been wondering about models myself,, i would love if someone in the know[ in thuier own opinions] would say what model would be the best to hunt down...what they would deem a prize if found..

i have been wondering about models myself,, i would love if someone in the know[ in thuier own opinions] would say what model would be the best to hunt down...what they would deem a prize if found..

I use 2 Toshiba TRX1420's and use to have a 1520 (PSB has that one now)

LOVE the Toshiba's..easy to work with. You dont need much in an analog box sicne most of us slave them to a DVB box :)

Use to have a Uniden Supra (with a bad audio hum on it). Not the best user friendly box. Also have a HTS Tracker IV but thats for C-Band

I use 2 Toshiba TRX1420's and use to have a 1520 (PSB has that one now)

LOVE the Toshiba's..easy to work with. You dont need much in an analog box sicne most of us slave them to a DVB box :)

Use to have a Uniden Supra (with a bad audio hum on it). Not the best user friendly box. Also have a HTS Tracker IV but thats for C-Band

Do you still have that supra? It likely just needs some capacitors in the power supply. I still have one of those kicking around as well.

Probably a good move. I'm hangin' on to mine for now, as I recall it still worked pretty well.......and it's not as ugly as some of the others I've had

analog receiver

I use a pansat 450 analog receiver. The size is the same as most dvb boxes.

The only full time 24/7 analog feed I can find is a test signal on AMC2. I don't know the transponder because my cheap ebay analog ku receiver doesn't match up with the correct frequency.

Does anyone else know of a 24/7 signal on analog KU that I can test downlink? Thanks

Zazu, I have a couple of the Pansat KR600 models and they have an excellant picture and sound.

There is also a BR1000 model (I think that is the model number) that I see on ebay at times which are older and based on what I have seen on ebay, I would avoid that model.

I bought one of my KR600's at emantechnology.com and the other on ebay.

Not to get too far on topic, but I have accumulated 4 digital receivers over the years and I will take a quality analog feed over a quality digital feed any day of th week.

I have the opportunity to pick up a Gi450 for a decent price. I don't have a C-band dish so if I do get it, it would only be for Ku analog feeds. A couple of questions:

1. The receiver's pretty cheap, but any sense on whether analog Ku will be going the way of the dodo any time soon? I'm sure that day is inevitable, but as long as I could get a bit of use out of it I'd be happy.

2. I've seen analog Ku wildfeeds posted but I'm wondering how a person would go about finding their own feeds? I can't imagine an older receiver like this would have functionality such as blind scan.

3. Do these types of receivers need any sort of maps or preconfiguration like 4DTV?

I have the opportunity to pick up a Gi450 for a decent price. I don't have a C-band dish so if I do get it, it would only be for Ku analog feeds. A couple of questions:

1. The receiver's pretty cheap, but any sense on whether analog Ku will be going the way of the dodo any time soon? I'm sure that day is inevitable, but as long as I could get a bit of use out of it I'd be happy.

2. I've seen analog Ku wildfeeds posted but I'm wondering how a person would go about finding their own feeds? I can't imagine an older receiver like this would have functionality such as blind scan.

3. Do these types of receivers need any sort of maps or preconfiguration like 4DTV?

1 - Analog KU will probably be around for a while because it is mainly used when a backhaul is sent to a smaller market TV station because they have "difficulties" tuning in Digital signals. I work at a medium size market and we still use analog KU for live shots because our engineers still cant tune in a reliable digital signal.

2 - Analog receivers don't have blind scan like we know it on digital receivers. However, it's easy to find feeds. You can simply tune up and down the dial to find feeds. You will be pressing up or down on the remote and a feed will show up. There are no numbers to know such as data rate, etc.

3 - I'll have someone else answer.

3 - Not for clear channels, but if you want to subscribe to any analog (no sub analog on Ku that I know of, but still some on C), you'd need a receiver with Videocipher RS ability.

I think this receiver can do 4DTV? Others can weigh in on this idea.

I have a 4DTV C/Ku a Houston tracker 10+ C/Ku and a Chaparral Monterey 95 C/Ku receiver all work too kool but the 4dtv is the only one that can do any type of channel maps from G1 Galaxy 1R @ 133°W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts