analog recievers on c-band and installation question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That receiver should be ok, I never owned that brand receiver back in the c-band heydeys but I remember they seemed to always have good comments. I wouldn't attempt to put a c-band dish of any kind on plastic pipe! Wind loading , and just the weight of the dish and mount and motor wouldn't do. Most c-band mounts use a 3.5" pipe, I think its called Schedule 40 pipe. There is a much thicker pipe, thats like a half inch thick, but its really overkill and will cost out the wazoo. Either shouldn't be too hard to locate used. Call a metal fab shop or pipe/plumbing supply for some quotes if you don't locate a piece in a scrapyard anywhere. Pipe is sometimes expensive but don't get robbed, shop around if you can.

Hello Turbo sat thanks forethe reply. it is also looking like possibly the reciever may fall threw am unsure am waiting to hear back from the person who emailed me on the arangement of it. if something doesn't work out, can you recommend any used analog recievers I should look fore on ebay etc that will get the job done? this would be fore watching what analog stuff is left both in tv and radio but also to move the dish. thanks Hank

Send me a private message (click on my name) and I'll tell you about some I have. Still have a few here that I'm not using, if you'll pay for the shipping. They aren't doing anybody good by sitting in my closet, haha.

hello turbo sat I tried going in to non pda mode and hitting enter on your name but Ican't find the pm message link what am I doing incorrectly on the board? thaks fore the help. Hank

In the regular mode, all we have to do is mouse-click on a user name and it gives you a menu, one choice is Send a private message. I don't know about pda mode, or any other way around it..
I'll try sending you a private message and perhaps you will find that , and can just reply to it.

Hello Turbo Sat replied to you via pm. also gave my personal email address in the pm thanks Hank

Sorry Hank>that one messed up, I didn't receive anything. Try it again, my box is not full.

edit: I sent you email>hope that works......

when did you send the email? can you resend just incase? I haven't recieved anything

Maybe your email is not setup in the system. When clicking on username, another option beside Private message is to send email, that's what I tried. Go to User CP and see if you have entered your email (and I'll do the same thing because I don't know, lol).

hello turo sat I can't find the link with my reader, can you email me at hanksmith5@gmail.com directly? that way we could just chat via then, I am also able to chat via phone to. put something like sattle lite guys or something fore me to tell its you please. sorry fore all the problems with this board

hello I replied to your email, want to apologise fore all the rambling, please bare with me. I tend to do that alot. anyways I did email you. Hank

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)