Analog signal, KU

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ksmithtwn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
Canada
I'm looking for a KU / analog test pattern, I believe it was the "Echostar Satellite Access Center" and I think it was on 85 degrees, but I cant find it anymore.

Does anyone know where this is, or where there are any KU / analog test patterns?

Thanks folks!

There is one on 121 right now at 11987 V (TR 19?).

Awesome!

Newbie yet, something I've just forgotten question: What does that equate to on my General Instruments receiver channels wise? When in KU mode, I have channels 1 through 32... What channel would that be?

Thanks!

Awesome!

Newbie yet, something I've just forgotten question: What does that equate to on my General Instruments receiver channels wise? When in KU mode, I have channels 1 through 32... What channel would that be?

Thanks!
Should be 18 19 or 20 as mred indicated.

My rule of thumb is that "Channels" on a Analog receiver means Transponder on Satellite lists.

Awesome!

Thanks!

Standard Ku Analog TPs are 11720, 11740, etc. 121W is apparently one of the exceptions. If 18, 19, and 20 don't work, Ch 14 might be 11980 and ch 15 might be 12000, so you could try those as well. My analog receiver is pretty much completely manual, so I don't know much about how a nicer Ku analog receiver works. :)

An analog test card, not a DVB test card?
I want a pic! My 123W dish is too high up to mess with right now....

Yep. Honest-to-goodness analog. Attached is a pic. Note my analog receiver is tuned to "38.7", which is 1387 IF + 10600 LO = 11987 MHz.

Attachments

• DSCN1367.JPG
    DSCN1367.JPG
    587.6 KB · Views: 209
Lyngsat shows one on AMC 15/105W, tp 12, 11949 H. Last updated a year ago, so don't kill me if I'm wrong >.>
I accidentally over looked this post! Sorry!

I see that it says the AMC 15 page was "last updated 2009-06-27 ".. and the test card is still there... Time to drive the dish and check it out!

Thanks!

I accidentally over looked this post! Sorry!

I see that it says the AMC 15 page was "last updated 2009-06-27 ".. and the test card is still there... Time to drive the dish and check it out!

Thanks!

The page may have been updated on 06-27-2009, but the last update for that transponder (11949 H tp12) was 01-04-2008....it might be gone now. :)

I'm gonna get a new dish... I can lock everything except this signal. To be fair, my neighbor shot the dish this morning with a gun when they missed a muskrat on the dock, small dent, stopped the bullet, but might be screwing me over here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)