Android Honeycomb Tablets

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
There are none on sale yet but quite a few are expected to be released in the next few months. Motorola Xoom probably one of the first.

In the meantime Honeycomb SDK has been released and that means the hacking can start.

And start it did!
Android Honeycomb port for Nook Color gets graphics acceleration, first demo video -- Engadget

It is really impressive!
Considering the hardware is subpar (for a tablet), the SDK is in beta and out for less than a week, what works looks really nice...

Diogen.

Saw the Xoom at CES and it was very fast on ( prototype) LTE. The XOOM will be the Galaxy killer, I predict. BTW- Verizon did say that it will only be available first as 3G and later updated to LTE. Supposedly has the hardware built in for LTE but the first release will not support it. So, one should not worry they will have an obsolete device.

Honeycomb could be the iPad killer sinc iPad is a piece of junk. It is a big fat under powered iPhone 3 .

Apple has a lot of work ahead to catch up with honeycomb. Will the folks at apple be smart enough to come out with an IOS just for the tablet market?

tomcrown1 said:
Honeycomb could be the iPad killer sinc iPad is a piece of junk. It is a big fat under powered iPhone 3 .

Apple has a lot of work ahead to catch up with honeycomb. Will the folks at apple be smart enough to come out with an IOS just for the tablet market?

IPad is not under powered. I have one and it rocks. I also have G2 running Froyo. Both are great devices. I can multitask just fine on the iPad and my iTouch 4gen.

It took the Xooom comparison to pass the iPad. Let's see what comes of iPad 2 which is excepted to have a dual core as well.

I am not a fan boy of any device. To me it's what works. Right now the nearly year old iPad beats all tablets. I like my Android phone and have no desire to get an iPhone.

Well over the years I've watched all the iPod, iPhone, iPad killers come and go. Some have some success, but not many and none generate the profits that the iOS devices seem to year after year.

Here's a tidbit I picked up today on the last iPad killer - Samsung's Galaxy. Seems the sales numbers weren't exactly what was being talked about.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Sales Actually ‘Quite Small’ - Digits - WSJ

May I ask to stick to Android Honeycomb discussions?
Not iPad 1 or 2, not Galaxy Tab but what comes next...

Thanks.

Diogen.

OK, when one actually ships I'm sure I'll read all about it. From the previews it looks interesting, but interesting, great tech and all that isn't what will make or break it. Pricing, applications and so forth will make or break it. Well, that and the fact that Motorola's reputation isn't the best in the world for this kind of stuff.

So, at the moment the are 3 Honeycomb tablets that we have seen pictures of and the first can even be ordered

Xoom

motorola-xoo-flat.jpg

Galaxy Tab II

galaxy-tab-ii-2.jpg

G-Slate

lg-g-slate-t-mobile-3d-tablet-650x391.jpg

Diogen.

Motorola loses to Apple and Xoom is a gigantic failure at this price ($1200-):
I believe this "gigantic failure" of the Apple fanbase actually employing their brains
when reading is another proof that the tablet market in a year will be akin the PC vs. Mac market.

Read the update yet?

Diogen.

diogen said:
I believe this "gigantic failure" of the Apple fanbase actually employing their brains
when reading is another proof that the tablet market in a year will be akin the PC vs. Mac market.

Read the update yet?

Diogen.

Sorry do not understand what you mean

Sorry do not understand what you mean

He is stating that it is OK for the anti Apple fans to bash the pricing of the iPad but don't even think about bashing the all mighty Xoom.

Diogen, sorry but I have never seen any company put a placeholder pricing this high on a item that is not even available yet. If this is the case they will be scaring people off to other devices with the pricing listed.

I am as anti-Apple as they come, but all I was saying was that even if Xoom goes down to $800- with the first month of service, that is ridiculously priced. This "pricehold" and even unfair price point will have people waiting longer. Motorola could have killed the market and competition with a starting point of $700 plus 1st month free via rebate.

Care to clarify what this has to do with me?

Diogen.

Read the update yet?

Diogen.

I guess you don't remember posting any of this. The one that is directed at you is about the pricing update.

I guess you don't remember posting any of this. The one that is directed at you is about the pricing update.
Actually, I do.
But what does this have to do with bashing iPad pricing?

I don't think there are people on this board that respect facts more than me.
The only issue about iPad pricing I ever raised is about Apple tricking the world to believe it will start at around $1000. WSJ.

But since you don't even remember who was first, the iPhone or the iPod Touch, I don't really expect you to understand...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)