Android Phones

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ouch!! Cracked the screen on my S3. Looks like I can remove it with a heat gun. But, risk of torching the underlying digitizer. Hmm $20 for screen and take a change or $100 + time and package costs for the pros to do it.

is all 16 G (or whatever) available for apps and files or is it still split like an internal SDCard?

The smallest one is 32gb. The reviews I have read show all of it available minus what is used internally. I'm not sure if that answers your question.

The smallest one is 32gb. The reviews I have read show all of it available minus what is used internally. I'm not sure if that answers your question.
I think(!) that answers it. I'll have a look at one at a sprint store soon. I have another year before I can swap again :)

Ouch!! Cracked the screen on my S3. Looks like I can remove it with a heat gun. But, risk of torching the underlying digitizer. Hmm $20 for screen and take a change or $100 + time and package costs for the pros to do it.

If you can get it done for around a $100, that is good. I couldn't find any place around Tulsa to do my S3 for less than $300. I just put a zagg screen protector on it and have dealt with it. Mine has one spot where I dropped a stapler on it and the rest of the screen split into about 5 big pieces. I only noticed it when the screen is off, when its lit up you can't tell it is cracked. I'll probably get an S4 or Note 2 later this summer

If you can get it done for around a $100, that is good. I couldn't find any place around Tulsa to do my S3 for less than $300. I just put a zagg screen protector on it and have dealt with it. Mine has one spot where I dropped a stapler on it and the rest of the screen split into about 5 big pieces. I only noticed it when the screen is off, when its lit up you can't tell it is cracked. I'll probably get an S4 or Note 2 later this summer

If you're going with the Note, you might wanna wait for the Note 3, which should be out around Fall. I expect the N3 to be 1080p with either a typical QuadCore or the new Exynos series 5 with the little.BIG architecture... It's billed as an 8-core processor, but it's really a low power quad-core + a high-power quad core. Only 4 cores are active at once, so I don't consider it to be an 8-core CPU.

I do not either, but either way it's powerful. I would imagine that is what they will put in the next note as well.

That said, even with the new one coming, I can recommend the note 2 enough. If you can get it for a deal, it should serve you just as well.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm just waiting to see what comes out. A good deal on a Note 2 with the arrival of the S4 or Note 3 is really what I was thinking. The cracked screen didn't bother me as much as I was afraid it would on the S3, if it had cracked into itsy bitsy bits I would be singing a different tune, but it isn't really obvious it is cracked when in use, so I am content to wait it out.

That said, even with the new one coming, I can recommend the note 2 enough. If you can get it for a deal, it should serve you just as well.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you look at this signature you'll see that I'm typing on a note 2. But as fast as the mobile market is progressing, a year old phone is midrange.

That's not the end of the world, but if you're going the subsidized route you might as well get the top of the line, IMO.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

A old guy friend got a note 2 a couple months ago. So, he asks me to hot spot him at coffee.

I tell him he just needs to turn on data and use his plan.

He says his son pays the company bill and data for dad is too expensive

The son only clears a million or so every year and the old man gave him the business!!!

Sent from my S3 using SatelliteGuys

A old guy friend got a note 2 a couple months ago. So, he asks me to hot spot him at coffee.

I tell him he just needs to turn on data and use his plan.

He says his son pays the company bill and data for dad is too expensive

The son only clears a million or so every year and the old man gave him the business!!!

Sent from my S3 using SatelliteGuys

I'm sure there's a point to your post, but other than an issue between a father and son, I don't see it. Is it that the data plans are costly?

Exchange Email with Voice Mail

Can anyone listen to their Voice Mail in Outlook for Exchange?? I can see the voice mail when it comes in as a Wav file but when you click on it to listen to the file it says Unable to listen to this type of file??

Exchange Email with Voice Mail

Can anyone listen to their Voice Mail in Outlook for Exchange?? I can see the voice mail when it comes in as a Wav file but when you click on it to listen to the file it says Unable to listen to this type of file??

I figured this one out..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)