Anik F-1R/G1 KU Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
I just set a new 8' inimesh FTA dish and since I don't have a positioner connected with the actuator yet, it is parked at 107.3W . I am using a C/KU combo LNB. I scanned c-band and got most if not all of what I should (nice stuff!).
On the KU side nothing. Not one signal from a blind scan.
Now I think I remember that the shaw Ku signals require some sort of a shaw box to decipher but are there any FTA that I should be getting with an 8 footer?
When I get my titanium positioner I can move the dish to try other ku sats but was curious if I might have an issue with the titanium combo lnb on the KU side.
Thanks!

All the Shaw channels are DCII. CBC does have 5 or 6 occasional use channels for news gathering on Ku. They are DVB S/S2 but use 4:2:2 video.

Well just for grins I scanned it. AZBox Ultra,Winegard Pinnacle 10',BSC621 C/Ku combo;
scanned it twice,transponders found 0,channels found 0.
So move along,nothing to see here :biggrin

ok well that makes me feel better, I ad thought maybe I didn't have the correct LNB freq but it turned out I did, I'll have to move dish when my positioner arrives , and then I should get KU in.

Lyngsat is still showing a handful of FTA on F1, nothing but Shaw on G1. I've locked what I remember as the legislative feed and a shopping channel in the past but have not scanned it in a couple of months. That's with a 7.5' dish, however.

Some news feeds will appear from time to time, local CBC news trucks use F1 when they are in rural areas where there are no other services available. Watch local news (on F1) for special events etc, and then scan Ku, you might find something. Trucks broadcast uplinks in 422 so you might not get a picture if you don't have a capable receiver. Also look for feeds in the early morning, that's when the trucks head out. :)

Reactions: N5XZS and dfecarter
Trucks broadcast uplinks in 422 so you might not get a picture if you don't have a capable receiver.

thankfully that only applies to some feeds now. Other feeds are now in HD and in 4:2:0 so they can be watched on your normal DVB-S2 capable FTA receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)