Anik G1 footprints

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Oh now you just ruined my day. So anyone in the southern states and Mexico are not going to see this bird it looks like, correct?

Oh, man, I am right on the fringe. Although hopefully by the time this sat is broadcasting I'll have been relocated to a much more comfortable place under the footprint :)

The Extended Ku band is not licenced as "satellite only" in the US or Mexico. In Canada, this band will be "Satellite Only" until 2028. When G1 comes to the end of it's life, it will be replaced by a satellite operating in the Reverse DBS band with full NA beams.

Shaw is going to use G1 for mainly Canadian HD locals. Any signal that Shaw Broadcast Services can make a $ on by retransmitting will be on F1R/F2. There will be little in the way of original programming lost to southern subs unable to receive G1.

I have often wondered if Shaw is aware of and/or has an idea of how many subs they have South of the 49.

Steve

They really had no choice at this time because all the ku slots in that arc are taken. They were asleep at the wheel 6 years ago when Telesat applied for the 118 ku slot. Shaw passed on buying transponders on F3 - a very shortsighted decision.

The Extended Ku band is not licenced as "satellite only" in the US or Mexico. In Canada, this band will be "Satellite Only" until 2028. When G1 comes to the end of it's life, it will be replaced by a satellite operating in the Reverse DBS band with full NA beams.

Shaw is going to use G1 for mainly Canadian HD locals. Any signal that Shaw Broadcast Services can make a $ on by retransmitting will be on F1R/F2. There will be little in the way of original programming lost to southern subs unable to receive G1.

So what does this mean? Are we going to lose some or all of are channels here in
Miami Fla. ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)