Annoying message pops up on hopper 3 - "the hopper snap usb device is now connected and working" 1592

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I feel like a third class person here.
Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I also have a HWS Dish receiver. Just so you know... I only got that message once, the first time that I plugged my snap into the HWS. The snap has been connected for a long time, and I have never seen that message again.

As others have said, bottom line is that something is wrong with either your snap or your HWS.

Try again with a different support person. If that doesn't work you can ask to escalate the call to a more senior person. Something is broke and Dish should fix it!
Tried again today with support. Found out that the reason I have the HwS is I have wireless joey's. Apparently (they say) that I'd have to use wired if I went to Hopper3. I have 2 rooms that dont have wiring so... The next support step is to "reset" the hopper device to see if that rectifies the issue.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tried again today with support. Found out that the reason I have the HwS is I have wireless joey's. Apparently (they say) that I'd have to use wired if I went to Hopper3. I have 2 rooms that dont have wiring so... The next support step is to "reset" the hopper device to see if that rectifies the issue.
My two WJs work just fine with my Hopper 3.

Reactions: TheKrell
That's a lie. I have installed many WiFi Joeys with Hopper 3's

I got the new hopper and I still get the snap message so tell me is it a spying device or what?
Why would you think it's a Spying device??
Especially since a simple search of the forum or Google would tell you EXACTLY what it is; to speed up the User Interface and remove lag in remote functions.

Reactions: charlesrshell