Annoying Nightly Reboot

The thing I've never understood is why the EPG and SW updates aren't done via the Internet on connected receivers.
To me it is just logical that one method be used for the software and EPG upgrades and since all, in use, Dish receivers are seeing a satellite, that would be the method. Why would Dish bother to set up a second way for just some receivers?

To me it is just logical that one method be used for the software and EPG upgrades and since all, in use, Dish receivers are seeing a satellite, that would be the method. Why would Dish bother to set up a second way for just some receivers?
Oh. I dunno. Because it's not just "some" receivers. And, it's almost 2016.

OK, this is not only an "annoying" but totally out there "Nightly Reboot". Was watching a recorded program and the Yes/No reboot window came up and froze the program playing. I hit no and the screen went away, but the picture was frozen. I tried Play, Pause and it said the program was over, I hit Pause again and got the progress meter and it said 40 minutes was left then it jumped back to the "Over" panel. I hit Play and the screen went away but the picture was still frozen. Hit Skip back 10 secs and still nothing. Hit the Skip Back a couple more times and the program started over from the beginning. Tried to FF to the place this all started and it gave the the "over" panel and it jumped back to the beginning. So I did a Red Button reset and the unit came back up really quick. Now I just checked the program I was watching and it says that only 40% has been watched. Usually when the stop in the middle happens, it shows that none on the program has been watched.

After the Red Button reset, I just tried to go to the place where it stopped and I can't get past it. It keeps shooting back to the beginning. Tried to FF past it and go from there and when it hit that spot is stops it immediately goes back to the beginning. It looks as though the initiation of the reboot process corrupted my program. Glad this program is on VOD. I'll just have to wait until it hit there and watch it. Guess I should dump its second half, since it's no good without seeing the whole first part.

After S528 I have never had so many problems with my HwS's. I pray the "upcoming (fingers crossed) big a$$" update fixes all this without breaking too much more. I can see why cord cutting to gaining ground. If I could get it all set up for everyone properly in the house, I'd lose DISH in an instant. But after being set up and built around DISH since 1995, we're kinda entrenched. But soon if no sizable changes.

</rant>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)