Another Birdview Resurrected, Another H2H (C-band) Sub added!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Tonight, we added another SRL sub in my area, anothe "spinoff" from my showing off my Birdview/DSR-410 I Found my friend "NJ" a birdview dish, (Another Birdview owner and friend of mine who was my first H2H convert owned a spare BV, so we made a deal for it to come my way.) That dish, then found a new home yesterday, out of storage in the winter mud (yes, it will be cleaned and painted)....and, my friend "NJ" will be using it for FTA eventually. Tonight, however, its parked on W-5 and he's a new subscriber to SRL's H2H programming.

Plans for his yard include installing the 6 foot mini bud that we assembled yesterday and switching the DSR-410/SRL programming over to the mini bud, then using the Birdview to scan the skies with FTA. That will give solid SRL programming on the stationary dish, and the BV for scanning the skies.

Plans specifically for the Birdview dish include power wash and clean/paint, conversion to c/ku with LNB from Satellite AV (bought last year for this project), burial of the cable properly, and maybe a re-design of the pulse system for the actuator.....

Picture quality is excellent. The composite signal is "upscaled" via a Harmon Kardon home audio video receiver, and the results are excellent. NO complaints about the originating video being standard definition.

First of the pictures posted here. Another HAPPY sub on C-band tonite. Reason to celebrate! More pictures to come as the project completes with both dishes, cleanup, and more! (sorry about the picture quality, its an OLD phone that took 'em.)

BTW, NJ's wife was very happy that Oprah's channel is available, and both husband and wife like the channel choices, no contract, and the quality.

Some difficulties with the V-box x (space-age looking unit) running the dish motor, it tends to error as if not reading pulses, but we're looking into his ideas and some that were posted here to fix that situation)....

Overall, a good start, and most importantly, another happy customer on C-band. That's 3 here, including me!

Attachments

• Birdview 3.jpg
    Birdview 3.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 275
  • Birdview 4.jpg
    Birdview 4.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 258
  • Birdview 6.jpg
    Birdview 6.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 294
  • Birdview 5.jpg
    Birdview 5.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 273
  • Birdview 1.jpg
    Birdview 1.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 303
  • Birdview 2.jpg
    Birdview 2.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Awesome News! Welcome your friend to the good side from us. Keep recruiting soldiers to the C band 4DTV/H2H army, job well done :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts