Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
My hd access was removed after one year. They told me it was because of a system upgrade and would be added back on with a double credit next month. Of course I will be checking it closely.

Same here for me. I got 12 months of the 24 month HD credit and then nothing this month. I called and they sent it to research. The next day I did get the credit showing on my online account. I'll have to watch it next month and see.

They told me I'd have to wait for next month to get the credit showing on my bill.

Choice extra is still eligible for free hd. You got ripped! I would call back and ask for it back.

Turns out it's a system wide problem. LOTS of customers have had their credit stop after one year.

I lost my 2 years of HD Access credit for the last 2 months so my bill went up $10 each month. I called today and after a 20 minute hold, the CSR said I would get it back but didn't have a date when or what had happened. I asked her to note my account and hopefully it will come back next month. If not, I guess I'll call again.

I too had my HD access credit dropped this month after just one year. I called D* and the first person I spoke with said that it was taken off because I had received too many other unrelated programming credits in the last six months. That made absolutely no sense so I requested to talk with customer retention. The person in customer retention feigned ignorance of any system wide problem and, after assuring me that my HD access credit was still active, went ahead and gave me an immediate credit for $10. Supposedly, the credit will be back in place on next month's statement. We'll see.

With as many calls as Directv has gotten on this issue, it sounds like both the csrs were lying to you.

My hd access was removed after one year. They told me it was because of a system upgrade and would be added back on with a double credit next month. Of course I will be checking it closely.
same thing here. but no upgrade. they told me its a glitch in their system.

No problem here. They credited my account the $10 charged and actually started my 24 months over. The CSR basically said "I have no idea how many months this promo has been on your account so let's just start it over again." I love DTV sometimes...

My bill was posted today and the 24 months free HD was not included as well. Hopefully we will see the credit on the next bill

Problem here...

I got a email survey about the call I made regarding this issue. I told them I wasn't satisfied until the credit is applied again. Today, I got a call from the survey department and he said he was calling to fix the issue. I explained to him how my bill went up $10 and that it appears the free HD Access was not applied this month. He said that he could not fix any automatic credits like that and the free HD Access promo was not on my account anymore. I asked if there was a department that could fix it and he said no. I said I would probably still try to call back because "someone" should be able to put it back on my account. He then hung up without saying goodbye or anything. So I called back and explained my experience so far. After being put on hold for 15 minutes, the rep said that it was removed from my account due to the 3-year anniversary gift I got from them last month - $5. That gift made my ineligible for the free HD Access. So he said my account would get credited the $10 and the free HD Access should resume next month. That only took about an hour total on the phone... :(

Problem here...

I got a email survey about the call I made regarding this issue. I told them I wasn't satisfied until the credit is applied again. Today, I got a call from the survey department and he said he was calling to fix the issue. I explained to him how my bill went up $10 and that it appears the free HD Access was not applied this month. He said that he could not fix any automatic credits like that and the free HD Access promo was not on my account anymore. I asked if there was a department that could fix it and he said no. I said I would probably still try to call back because "someone" should be able to put it back on my account. He then hung up without saying goodbye or anything. So I called back and explained my experience so far. After being put on hold for 15 minutes, the rep said that it was removed from my account due to the 3-year anniversary gift I got from them last month - $5. That gift made my ineligible for the free HD Access. So he said my account would get credited the $10 and the free HD Access should resume next month. That only took about an hour total on the phone... :(

I think he was giving you a line of bs. There are too many reports of the free hd being taken away to think it was for any other reason.

Sounds like they have no clue why or the higher ups aren't telling the CSR's a good reason why it is gone to tell their customers. Either way is not good...

Well same thing just happened to me, with a twist - I actually received a paper bill in the mail, even though I've been on paperless billing for at least the past 3+ years!
Of course called about this & the billing CSR actually insists "the $10 credit IS on my account" - to which I say "well the paper bill you just sent me today AND the on-line copy say otherwise"! Then he asks me if I had ever stopped auto bill pay recently? (of course NOT, he should be able to see that himself... :rolleyes: )
So he gives me a $5 credit for the next 3 months, but tells me that the $10 credit is "supposed to resume next month" - there was a "system problem" with the HD access credits. (duhhh)
I then ask him if it's going to cause a problem with a $3 TC+ courtesy credit I'm currently getting for 6 months - I had to repeatedly ask him 3 times before he says no. (somehow I doubt this, but whatever...)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts