another installer story

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
Well i went to swap out for my ex and my daughter their 301 for my 510. In the process I found out that the installer had ripped out of the power cord the grounding plug. That is easily fixable by cutting off the the old outlet and installing a new plug. He did it for it was plugged into a four way plug.

Secondly i've discovered that he never installed a grounding block on the cables before the enter the house. This install is just over two years old. What do you think are the odds if I write to complain that Dish will do gratis the fix, or minimal charge since it wasn't done correctly to begin with.? I know the dish is low on the side of the house and shouldn't be hit by lightning, but it doesn't meet the electrical code for not being grounded. I don't want anything to happen to my 510. Atleast now it's plugged into a surge protector.

Ron

Last edited:
I don't know but it wouldn't be that hard to fix yourself. They may do something about it though I really don't know.

wrote to dish

Well i wrote to Dish and they are willing to do th job gratis. Now all I have to do is get my ex to go along ith it. Don't think she understands.

Ron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)