Another one bites the dust....

My 2nd 360 just bit the dust last night. No RROD. No video. audio works fine. This has happened to 2 other friend's 360s. I'm sure it's related to the RROD issue and heat buildout. Anyways, still under warranty. M$ now emails you the shipping label, if you don't mind getting your own shipping box. I should have the email within 24hrs.

Coffin shipped to me 8/17/07
Box received in Texas 8/28/07
Box received back to me in Vegas 9/12/07

Box MFR date: 8/26/2007
HDMI: No, got a premium to replace my premium (silver front accents).

Box is new, even a sticker still over the disc tray bezel with 'do not move console with disc in tray' in 3 languages.

Kinda neat that this box was made while mine was in transit to be replaced :)

Wife called, the box described above has now red ringed. Had her do some simple troubleshooting... does it with the HDD on and off. It powered up properly once but never got to the dashboard, just stayed at Xbox 360 on the screen.

Warranty at Xbox.com is listed as expired 9/28/08... anyone had any luck getting them to replace anyways? Otherwise charge is $94... might as well buy a new arcade unit with built in memory, HDMI and bundled games...

Edit: Talked to a nice foreign lady at MS support, reassured me I would not have to pay anything, gave me a ref number so I can use our convo to my advantage when i call and am in front of the console to do their token troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Add mine to the list. First one I've had die. Born on 11/25/2007. I really thought it would be new enough to not be as likely to suffer RROD, but I guess it was no match for my wife's Fable 2 obsession. Coffin on the way.

New guy here, I have the x-box 360 with 120 Gb Hd made in January 2008, The only thing i have so far is the occasional lock up on far cry 2, Turning point fall of liberty, is mine new enough not have the ring of death?

New guy here, I have the x-box 360 with 120 Gb Hd made in January 2008, The only thing i have so far is the occasional lock up on far cry 2, Turning point fall of liberty, is mine new enough not have the ring of death?
Check the power supply if it is a Falcon chip 360, it will have the 175 watt ps. The older ones had the 203 watt ps. Falxons are allegedly immune to to the RRoD.

Looks like a UPS failure is going to make my turnaround > 2 weeks, otherwise I would have gotten it today/tomorrow for a sub-2 week turnaround (sent it back a week ago this past monday)

MECHANICAL FAILURE ON RAILROAD FLATCAR

Looks like a UPS failure is going to make my turnaround > 2 weeks, otherwise I would have gotten it today/tomorrow for a sub-2 week turnaround (sent it back a week ago this past monday)

Did they tell you that?

If I had read that about my 360, you would have seen a scene akin to "The Princess Bride" when Wesley was in the life sucking machine and the king put the machine up to 50 years.

Sent: 2/23
Received: 3/6

Sent on a Monday and received my repaired 360 on Friday of the week following. Took 9 business days, less than 2 weeks including shipping (and a 2-day shipping delay due to 'Mechanical Failure in Railroad Flatcar').

Still just a release-style Pro though, no HDMI as a nice side effect of needing the repair :p

My wife accidentally turned on the PS3 when making the bed this morning. Apparently she touched the "on" button the BD remote. Since the door to the TV Chest was closed in a very small area depicted here, I imagine the unit quickly heated-up. Anyway, when I came home a short while ago I heard what sounded like a vacuum cleaner running in the bedroom. Needless to say, the PS3 had a jet fan trying to keep it cool all day. Let's just it was hot, damn hot, inside the TV Chest and I feared the worst when I turned on the TV and flipped to the PS3 input.

Surprise...it still worked! The 60GB quieted down after a few minutes and it works just fine. After more than 2-years of use and abuse, all three of my PS3s are working perfectly. I am very impressed with the durability of these machines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)