Another one bites the dust....

Sent: 2/23
Received: 3/6

Sent on a Monday and received my repaired 360 on Friday of the week following. Took 9 business days, less than 2 weeks including shipping (and a 2-day shipping delay due to 'Mechanical Failure in Railroad Flatcar').

Still just a release-style Pro though, no HDMI as a nice side effect of needing the repair :p

Mine is do back on the 11. That put me right at 15 days.

RRoD!

Well, my 3 year old XBox 360 just bit the dust with the dreaded RRoD! :mad:

Has anyone else tried to fix it themselves? I opened it last year to fix a bad DVD drive, so it's not covered under warranty anymore anyway. Might as well give it a shot.

Almost every RROD has to do with the graphics chip getting so hot it melts the pin solders or warping the board until the connections break. I'm sure there are multiple how-to videos around the web.

MS might repair it anyway, if you want to take the chance on sending it in.

My 360 was at the repair depot only two days before they shipped it back to me.

Well, my 3 year old XBox 360 just bit the dust with the dreaded RRoD! :mad:

Has anyone else tried to fix it themselves? I opened it last year to fix a bad DVD drive, so it's not covered under warranty anymore anyway. Might as well give it a shot.

There are videos on Youtube showing how to fix it.

well after a really crappy softball game where I had a close play at third and slid and the guy didnt have a lick of common sense, put a knee on my shin, then my shin slid down his, he then fell and cleated the same shin, so I was A. A little bloody, B. Really sore, C. Out and D. Really sore...my leg swelled up and looked like a baseball was on my shin, anyways we lost the game and I am ticked :) so I come home to unwind put wife and kids to bed turn on the 360 and the x starts to go around and 4 red lights, no big deal, unplug video cable and then more red lights (not sure if it was 4 or not this time, but I turned it off and got my warrenty info to go) hopefully tommorow is better.

towel trick works for this I am thinking, we will see tonight..If not I can take it back to gamestop and get another one no problem, so I will be on sometime tonight I think.

My X-box 360 Elite went sour this evening 1 red light lower right hand side, acts to me like it is a cooling problem. So I'll send to Microsoft for repair just to see if that is what it is.

My X-box 360 Elite went sour this evening 1 red light lower right hand side, acts to me like it is a cooling problem. So I'll send to Microsoft for repair just to see if that is what it is.
That's the E74 error. Luckily it's covered under warranty. MS isn't going to tell you what caused the error, and it's listed in their KB as a "Hardware Error." Here's more info on it:

E74 -- Joystiq

finally went.

can't decide between the PS# or another 360 now that Blu -ray took over.

Another one? Holy crap. Well if it's any consequence I would still go with the 360. The newer ones have a different chip and it gives off less heat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts