Another Openbox Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shultz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
87W 40N
Im using my openbox s9 on my 12'er with a dmx241 lnbf and no switches for c band only. I have the lnb set at 5150 on the box and everytime i do a blind scan i get duplicate channels and transponders. for example, the rtv's on 3800V29124 will also scan in as 3800H29124, so i get 2 tp's and 2 channels. Anyone else run across this? Is'nt 5150 the right setting? Never had this happen on any other box before.

Is there a Unit connected to the Loop Out?
If so, disconnect that, and try scanning again.

Nope, i have the cable connected to the Gbox then to the openbox. The only other cable im using is the hdmi up to the tv.

Check the Antenna and Sat Setup Menus, make sure "Polarity" is set to Auto

Well, that might be the problem. Im using the HDS2-10-11-08 : 1026CM (HDS2_CM_America) file and i don't find anything regarding "Polarity", and a few sats i've checked, im not getting anything on the "V" TP'S. Think i might have to find an older file.

schultz

Tried old software from Sadoun site (July)....no worky for me at least. Same vertical issue

Honestly hook a diseqc in between and see what happens

I would have sworn there was a Polarity Control in 1 of the Menus - but not

I have has the same issue while Blind Scanning, but I had a Unit connected to the Loop Out that seemed to over ride what the Sathawk was trying to do.

Since I just Blind Scan with it, I am not using the "American" Firm, I am running HDS2 10-10-20, and all seems well.

schultz

Tried old software from Sadoun site (July)....no worky for me at least. Same vertical issue

Honestly hook a diseqc in between and see what happens

Tony, i tried the switch and it was a no-go. Scanned AMC3 and still got all the channels duplicated. I also tried the software from Sadouns and all i got out of the mess was a Sathawk screen. But im not givin up!!

Iceberg,

If you hook a straight cable to a C-Band or Ku Band LNBF will the Openbox do V and H polarity.

Well here's something i did discover. I changed the lnb freq from 5150 to 5150-5750 and did a scan. Im now getting the same channels i had on AMC3 and no duplicates. Now i wondering if the openbox does'nt like my dmx241 or if it is a firmware issue???

Iceberg,

If you hook a straight cable to a C-Band or Ku Band LNBF will the Openbox do V and H polarity.

straight C-Band...works fine. Hooked up to 99W and scanned both polarities
straight KU Band....nope. I've kept a running log in my other thread that I linked to above

Well here's something i did discover. I changed the lnb freq from 5150 to 5150-5750 and did a scan. Im now getting the same channels i had on AMC3 and no duplicates. Now i wondering if the openbox does'nt like my dmx241 or if it is a firmware issue???

now that is weird... That setup means bandstacked LNB and the 241 isn't.
That sounds like a software issue

What happens on other satellites? Same thing?

Yep, if its set to 5150, it dups every channel. when its set to 5150-5750, it scans them once, and i looked at the list and lyngsat and noticed that some of the "H" channels are really "V". This box just wont scan it a "V". It will have the right fec, sr, but it saves it as an "H". This is getting strange

Yep, if its set to 5150, it dups every channel. when its set to 5150-5750, it scans them once, and i looked at the list and lyngsat and noticed that some of the "H" channels are really "V". This box just wont scan it a "V". It will have the right fec, sr, but it saves it as an "H". This is getting strange

One possibility could be a voltage switching issue. Vert is supposed to be 13v. and Horz. 18v. If your OpenBox is putting out a vert. voltage higher than 13v and your DMX241 switches to Horz. a little lower than 17v. the two errors could be keeping it in Horz. all the time. My OpenBox switches a GKC 001 reliably no problem. Can you access a voltmeter and see what is on the center pin of your coax for both polarity selections. If it is 13/18 volts +/- one volt then the lnb may be the suspect.
Adding a Disqec switch that Ice is suggesting may be lowering the vertical voltage enough to make the difference.

Jim

I've had issues way back where on a few sats it duplicated some channels. Example would be 3900 V 29000 and 2997 V 28998...Those are a examples not actually the real tp's.
I'm guessing the Tp's were already loaded and I had manually entered a TP that was close to the pre loaded one. May not help with the problem you all are having...just an idea...Blind

I think i found it!! Seems the SSO doesn't like the dmx241! (although all my other receivers don't have a problem with it) Since i had installed a switch (THANKS TONY) i ran a cable from my 8'er with the Micro pak on it over to port 2 of the switch on the 12'er and did a scan with the SSO set at 5150 port 2, and it picked up some "H" channels and alot of the Roberts, CSN, etc feeds that are on the "V" side AND NO DUPS!!! Now, if it wasn't 10 below here and snow everywhere, and the lnb's up about 15' in the air, i'd go change them. (yea, i'm a whimp) At least i know what's going on now! Maybe i'll order another lnbf and wait till next weekend to get out and play.
A big THANK YOU to all that helped!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts