Another Openbox Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have the same prob with the DMX c band lnbf. It seems this lnbf is really picky about the voltage for vertical polarity. I have tried with and without a disqc inline, no change. I left my "Cheap 'n' Dirty" fix inline that I used to correct the same prob first experienced with the Pansat 9200. I just mounted a couple of chassis "F" connectors on a aluminum box and soldered the diode to the center pins. band side of diode to dish/lnbf. Receiver lnb input -->]-- 1n4001 diode --- lnbf. I don't experience any sig degradation.

I do a lot of blindscanning with my C-Band dish, so most of the time I run the 5-28-2010 firmware that has polarity selection. I noticed awhile ago that some satellites may have polarity issues I saved a satellite list with a satellite set to one polarity and then loaded the list with newer firmware. There is no option to select the polarity, so you are stuck at what it was set at with the earlier firmware. Especially troublesome if you are trying to power an LNBF. Setting a satellite to AUTO polarity with the old firmware before saving and loading the channel list into the newer firmware fixes the problem.

BTW, the 5-28 firmware was the last to include polarity settings.

interesting. I know the SSO works fine with the GeosatPro C2 LNB

I left my "Cheap 'n' Dirty" fix inline
heh sounds like what I had to do.....put a receiver inline so the vertical side would work....hmmm....wonder if I change the LNB LO on it like shultz did...Mine is KU though

interesting. I know the SSO works fine with the GeosatPro C2 LNB

Yes, works fine with my GKC001 too which I think is the same as the Geo, just different branding.

Fat Air I like your diode approach to this. It addresses the same thought I had of too high vert voltage. The diode would reduce it by 0.7 volts, might be what is going on with Icebergs solution of using a switch in line.

Ok, so this is what i did now. I took the switch off the 12'er, pluged the cable out of the Gbox into the old Fortec setting in the closet, looped out of the Fortec and into the SSO and it works great! NO dups, gets both "H" and "V", tracks the arc fine. Im a happy camper now and this will get me by till the weather gets better to get outside and switch the lnbf's. Just seems strange the 241 won't work on the SSO but will on every thing else i have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)