This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Another rescue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I already took this down this morning.
It was at a transmitter site for a radio station. It was used for a satellite weather feed before internet.
I saw it and asked and it was free.

A little damage on the bottom but very fixable. String test was surprising good before I dropped it and put it on the truck.

Nice find! How big?

10' Channel Master.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Is that a 10 or a 12? Looks like a fairly simple fix.You lucky dawg.lol

I found a 10 ft Unimesh buttohook yesterday...but it had a double bend in the rim almost like an 'S' shape when viewed from the side.Lawn mower danced with it.The owner only wanted 'a little money' for it...but I don't believe that 1/4 section was easily fixable.Screwed on mesh was good condition except for one hole about the size of a coconut.If the actuator had been longer than 18" or the dish 12 foot I might have talked turkey.

Going back in a few days because the owner wanted time to find some spare parts he had.Unknown spare actuator for one thing.

EDIT: Question answered before I could ask it.Darn I'm slow.

This one has a polar mount, but no actuator as it was not needed. Aimed at one satellite and locked down.
I was hoping though, since I am in need of one right now.

You only had that one 10 footer thought you might have for the eastern arc or a stationary for 99w.

Good save!! I have been watching for a 10 footer and found another 8 footer that is PB Blaster soaking. Figured better save it before the scrappers got to it. Besides, then I have a backup if my current 8 footer gets clobbered with hail or something.

Yeah, I went one day and soaked it with WD-40 and then went back later and took it down, before it got damaged. They are doing some changes at the transmitter site, so I didn't want to waste time.
I will probably use it to replace the one I have, as the mount is in better shape.
This one is a Channel Master, and I have a Unimesh, but they are very similarly made. So similar that the parts are interchangeable. Very interesting, I thought.

Status
Please reply by conversation.