Another Skew Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
I've had problems this spring with the Ku feeds on 103W as I'm told that the skew on those TPs is off from what they normally are. One figure I saw was 20* and my question is this. I have LNBFs on both my prime focus dishes. Can I simply rotate those LNBFs X amount one way or the other and be able to pick up those feeds? Seems that those who are able to receive them best with a Cband dish are using corotors and the receivers variable skew setting to tune them in.

Reason I ask is my SAMI dish is close enough to the ground that I can reach the LNBF when it's pointed at 139 and I can easily turn it if that will work?

Yep, the skew on 103 Ku is 20 some degrees CW (looking at the face of the dish) from where it should be. For that reason I put up a fixed Ku dish on 103. NOTE: the C band skew is where it should be. So there's a 20 degree "offset" between the C and Ku bands.

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking it "should" work that way but wasn't sure as I had tried rotating that LNBF before but I think I went CCW instead of CW. Right now I'm on 11943, which is the Huntington Beach TP and it's there but pixelating some and only about 50% Q. I guess I'll try peaking that one and then rescan to see if anything else comes in.

??? Something don't seem right. I can watch the beach feeds with any of the motorized dishes. I've never skewed a dish for those. You shouldn't be able to see them if there 20° off, right? I've seen other ku signals. FedEx is there but scrambled of course. Now I'm confused LOL

It all depends on how strong the signal is. If you adjust the skew for 103 you might gain 10-15 Q. But if you receive things fine I wouldn't bother adjusting anything.

All I've done in the past is adjust my skew to be 10 degrees clockwise off what it should be in order to split the difference. Although I knew I was losing a bit on many sats, I was gaining on AMC 1.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts