Answers to your Hopper Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
8) When will OTA be supported? This summer.
I'm afraid if they don't offer it NOW, they never will. Did they forget about OTA ?
10) If I upgrade am I subject to a new 2 year commitment? Yes, standard upgrade
I can't believe that even needed to be asked ! Just to clarify, by "upgrade", that means getting it for the $99 or so price, of course. I know there were people in the other threads thinking they'd get a Hopper/Joey system for $99 and no commitment.

Glad to hear DISH finally has a timeframe for OTA support. Guess it will be this summer for me. :)

No, the point of PTAT is that all 4 networks are being demuxed (for lack of a better word) to the HDD using one tuner. The timers are just the mechanism to "save" what you want from the 8-day window.

This answers the question I had in the other thread. Glad this can be done. Also looking forward to OTA. Would be super sweet if you could set the PTAT to use the OTA tuner leaving 3 other tuners available, since I don't watch any sub-channels.

This answers the question I had in the other thread. Glad this can be done. Also looking forward to OTA. Would be super sweet if you could set the PTAT to use the OTA tuner leaving 3 other tuners available, since I don't watch any sub-channels.

Won't happen, as the OTA Tuner tunes to the RF Frequency of each station, whereas PTAT tunes a SAT tuner to a particular TP and records the ENTIRE TP, where all the networks are multiplexed together.

Why couldn't they allow the timer to stay on the other partition with the other PTA shows until the 8 days are up to save space? I know, I know, there is lots of hard drive space, there should be enough room for them. I guess if someone is short on space that badly then they need to get an external hard drive. It is a really good think the they implemented a way of saving this somehow if you setup a timer for it.

I don't like this possibility of them going to charge an install fee on top of the $99 fee. We could be looking at $200+ for one Hopper after installation.

Stargazer said:
I don't like this possibility of them going to charge an install fee on top of the $99 fee. We could be looking at $200+ for one Hopper after installation.

You could always add the protection plan and remove it after it is installed.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

It's nothing new. my 922 was $200 + $15 install with DHPP. If you were to get new gutters for your house would you be suprised if they told you the gutters would be $500 + $200 for labor?:rolleyes:

Is PTAT recording from the local affiliates or national broadcast? The problem I have is that locals are constantly preempting prime-time shows with sports or other broadcasts then broadcasting the shows in the middle of the night but they don't get recorded because the guide doesn't change.

Won't happen, as the OTA Tuner tunes to the RF Frequency of each station, whereas PTAT tunes a SAT tuner to a particular TP and records the ENTIRE TP, where all the networks are multiplexed together.

Oh, I know it won't happen. But it would be nice!

It's nothing new. my 922 was $200 + $15 install with DHPP. If you were to get new gutters for your house would you be suprised if they told you the gutters would be $500 + $200 for labor?:rolleyes:

Bogus analogy -- unless you're some weird person who leases his gutters.

Why couldn't they allow the timer to stay on the other partition with the other PTA shows until the 8 days are up to save space? I know, I know, there is lots of hard drive space, there should be enough room for them. I guess if someone is short on space that badly then they need to get an external hard drive. It is a really good think the they implemented a way of saving this somehow if you setup a timer for it.

If you want it gone in 8 days, don't set a separate timer, PTAT will pick it up, put it in the show's individual folder, and delete it in 8 days.

will the timers that i have saved on my 32.0 remote from the 922 be restored on the hopper?

...whereas PTAT tunes a SAT tuner to a particular TP and records the ENTIRE TP, where all the networks are multiplexed together.
I'd read that that is how it will work but paid little attention since PTAT isn't something I'd be likely to use. That said, what will be the PQ of these shows when they're multiplexed together ? They can't possibly be "HD" (even Dish's version of HD) quality, can they ?

I'd read that that is how it will work but paid little attention since PTAT isn't something I'd be likely to use. That said, what will be the PQ of these shows when they're multiplexed together ? They can't possibly be "HD" (even Dish's version of HD) quality, can they ?
They are the same quality as they are if you are watching them on a 722. PTAT just records the signal of the entire transponder that your HD locals are on. It does not alter the signal in any way.

Scott - Thanks for tracking down these answers. Any word on the maximum number of Joeys a two Hopper setup can support?

This has probably been answered on here somewhere, but I missed it if it was. If I mirror a joey to a guest bedroom with little use, can I control it from either room with separate remotes? If so what remote would I need for 2nd room?

This has probably been answered on here somewhere, but I missed it if it was. If I mirror a joey to a guest bedroom with little use, can I control it from either room with separate remotes? If so what remote would I need for 2nd room?
Yes it was...first post this thread...Questions 4 and 13.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)