Answers to your Hopper Questions

Ok, whew...it was just a wording/misinterpretation then. Maybe we should delete our posts to avoid confusion for others :)

Just got word that my Duo Node will arrive tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon or Friday I will have mine at home upgraded to a 2Hopper/1 Joey system.

I'll have to test out but if all are watching the same tuner and one pressed pause I would think that all would pause. They are all on the same tuner of course. Are you saying that once a Joey presses pause it would switch over to it's own tuner and the others would continue watching?

Watching the training video, in order to pick up the show in progress from the Hopper, on the Joey, you have to press the red button on the Joey remote to bring up the tuner list.

No worries. I am greatful for the first hand reports and your patience running our tests for us.
Precisely. THIS is what these forums are all about and part of what makes them so valuable. Grateful here as well. :)

Can you clarify PTAT in this respect? One of the earlier Q&A's stated that the H/J system can have up to 6 viewing tuners with PTAT. So with PTAT, could the 1H/3J be actually watching 4 different sources (as long as two of the Joeys were watching PTAT?).

Is PTAT treated like a DVR recording in that case (and technically not live)? In my scenario earlier, let's pick tonight at 8pm. Hopper is showing "The Middle", Joey Kitchen is watching "Am Idol", Joey basement is watching "Cold Case" and Joey bedroom is watching One Tree Hill (not PTAT). Will this work or does Joey bedroom have to watch the Hopper, kitchen or basement channels?

I called Vita Link Satellite today and they confirmed they have both the boxes in and the Duo Node. Scheduled for Friday install (although the order can't be placed until tomorrow). May get lucky with Thursday if an installer opens up. For those in the Atlanta area, they have inventory on both in stock. Vita Link's contact info: VITAL LINK SATELLITE

Regarding PTAT, Courtney at Vita Link told me that PTAT simultaneously records all 4 networks on that one reserved tuner. So if you do want to watch 4 different shows on the 3 joey's, you are basically picking one of those four "recorded" shows during that time. Hence leaving the 2 other tuners open to record (6 "slots" available for viewing). I am still going with 2 Hoppers because I know that I will want the flexibility of watching four different programs that aren't prime time. Plus it gives me more room to record shows without having to constantly delete stuff.

I was quoted an install fee of $25 with DHPP.

I wouldn't be concerned. Being an early adopter is part of the fun for some people. I always say, if you really want something just get it. No sense in wishing you had it. Some people prefer to let others be the early adopters and just watch. No problem with either.

Scherrman said:
I wouldn't be concerned. Being an early adopter is part of the fun for some people. I always say, if you really want something just get it. No sense in wishing you had it. Some people prefer to let others be the early adopters and just watch. No problem with either.

I'm going to make this into a bumper sticker.

I'm rarely an early adopter. Generally, middle of the road. Figured I would jump on it this time and see where it leads. Hopefully not too many bumps in the road.
Visited a local dealer today, said call tomorrow to order, but he should be able to fulfill Friday or Saturday this week.

Scherrman, you've been describing what happens when Hopper & Joey are both tuned to the same show on the same tuner. Can they both access the same show using independent tuners?

Questions and answers kinda do go hand in hand.

Imagine the confusion if a mod merged these two threads together. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts