Answers to your Hopper Questions

I don't know how much water this holds, but i just finished a chat with dish online where i was informed only 1 Hopper would be possible per account. I told the rep I was interested in 2 Hoppers, and he said that is not allowed. He offered up the fact that 6 tv's can use 1 hopper and that was all. I really hope he is wrong!

I don't know how much water this holds, but i just finished a chat with dish online where i was informed only 1 Hopper would be possible per account. I told the rep I was interested in 2 Hoppers, and he said that is not allowed. He offered up the fact that 6 tv's can use 1 hopper and that was all. I really hope he is wrong!

Has anyone heard if there is going to be a stipulation of a minimum number of TVs serviced before allowing a second Hopper?? The pricing sheets seem to indicate that 4 TVs would be the number, where you can choose between a 1H/3J or 2H/2J setup. Not a technical limitation mind you, just a business one...

I love how they're still saying on their Facebook page that they "have no information on the release date of the Hopper" :haha
They didn't want to advertise the availability of the Hopper just in case it was delayed.

Well looks like they made it. :D

If anyone wants to order one I would wait until at least 7AM eastern time. :)

speaking of midnight....im still up and i have to get up in 5 hours and figure out how to install these things! wish me luck, lol!

Has anyone heard if there is going to be a stipulation of a minimum number of TVs serviced before allowing a second Hopper?? The pricing sheets seem to indicate that 4 TVs would be the number, where you can choose between a 1H/3J or 2H/2J setup. Not a technical limitation mind you, just a business one...

On the High Def Forum, a customer just reported successfully ordering 2 Hoppers to replace 2 722s. You can put away the tin foil hat.

On the High Def Forum, a customer just reported successfully ordering 2 Hoppers to replace 2 722s. You can put away the tin foil hat.

Not sure why you seem to have an affinity with tin foil...Do you work for Reynolds Wrap??

It was a legitimate question and I'm glad to see it apparently is not going to be a concern...:up

I just printed off my claim for an Upgrade and I'm hoping I can install it this afternoo. I'm going with 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. I have a 992 and 211k now. By dropping Blockbuster @home my bill will only go up by $4 now.

My Hopper questions.

I apologize if they've been answered. I tried my best to read all 32 pages.

1. In a 2 Hopper/2 Joey setup, are the Hoppers integrated with each other yet? Will my setup appear to be a 6 tuner setup? Will PTAT only need to be enabled on one Hopper, thus giving us 5 available tuners during PT?

2. Will the Wi-Fi adapters that work with the 722 receiver also work with the Hopper? Will only having one Hopper connected to the internet allow all receivers to view online content or does each Hopper and Joey needs it's own connection.

3. Are you able to view external hard drive content via dish online with a sling adapter?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I'm sorry in advance for anything that's already been answered! I'm coming from a 922 and two 722 system. I don't care that much about OTA and my 2 Hopper/2 Joey setup will be installed on 3/24. I can't wait!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)