Antenna and station questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

classic cartoon fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
Preble County, Ohio
I was looking into getting the Winegard 8200 antenna I believe is what it is called.
Is this a good antenna?

I also wanted to know if I could get Columbus, Ohio stations with it. I believe their stations are around 80 or so miles from here.
I used to pull it up on antenna web, but it doesn't show Columbus stations anymore.
If someone could help me out that would be great.

Here is my zip if anyone wanted to check antenna web.

Look at TVFool.com.

It shows for Columbus you would depend on tropospheric ducting to get anything, so generally - forget it.

I did my search at 150ft agl and still got these poor results.

The 8200 does not have a really strong UHF section and all the Columbus stations except WSYX (ch 13) will be UHF.

If you're really serious you might consider stacking a couple of Antennas Direct 91XG's and pre-amping with a CM 7777 or other low noise/high db preamp, except you have other stations about 15 miles away that might cause overload on your tuner with that much signal.

At 500 ft agl things look a little bit better, but that 500 ft tower will eat your lunch.