ANTENNA POINTING ISSUES

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Hello,

I've had the Antennacraft HBU33 for almost a year. It's installed on top of a 10ft. pole on the roof (one story house). Up til now I was amazingly pleased and still am, with a minor hiccup.

Every Houston station comes in at near 100% except one labeled KUBE, 57.1 on the link below. Lately this station fluctuates on the 722k from 93% to 75% and yellow screen of death (as I call it). This happens so randomly but frequently it makes watching ME-TV irritating to watch.

This started happening after a violent and windy (30+mph) thunderstorm.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d1dda25341e9263

I've been on the roof numerous times trying different coordinates. I've aimed for 180 which I thought would do it since that's what tvfool shows. I've tried 165 and 150. It's currently aimed at 195 and still issues on this 1 station. I'm at a loss. Their are no trees or anything taller than my antenna within "50 yards" or so.

Any hints anyone can make would be helpful.

Thanks!

EDIT: No preamp used in this install.

Last edited:
Your antenna may be partially in a null for that particular frequency.

Have you tried moving it up or down 6 inches or a foot or so?

I have not however before the big storm 2 months ago I never had any issues?

Are outdoor antennas just as finicky as indoor ones and maybe for this one station a single degree is making a difference?

Am I'm correct to aim at 180?

Like Jim said, it is not so much aim, but quite possibile the antenna is sitting in a null spot for that particular frequency. A few inches up or down will likley solve your issue.

This is quite common with digital TV, especially with the change of seasons when leaves drop off trees & change signal patterns. Hard to say what may have caused it in your case though????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)