Antenna TV Coming to Red River, Sinclair, Other Stations

How long yours been like that.
since day 1 (July 2014)

One note is what the caption shows does not have to be the same across the board (as in what my GetTV caption shows may not match yours)
As example MeTV here in Minneapolis shows as "KSTCDT3
gosulspacer.png
" but sister station WDIO shows it as "WDIO-Me".

since day 1 (July 2014)

One note is what the caption shows does not have to be the same across the board (as in what my GetTV caption shows may not match yours)
As example MeTV here in Minneapolis shows as "KSTCDT3
gosulspacer.png
" but sister station WDIO shows it as "WDIO-Me".
Notto get back off the subject and ask a dumb question. Does your gettv subchannel's audio and video work

Just saw as ad on KVRR that the MN high school hockey tournaments will be aired on Antenna TV as well. I believe KCPM used to air it I think that was about 4 years ago.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Just saw as ad on KVRR that the MN high school hockey tournaments will be aired on Antenna TV as well. I believe KCPM used to air it I think that was about 4 years ago.
I know someone aired it last year there because of a couple teams in it. Maybe it was on CW+ (6.2/8.2)?

If they do air it on AntennaTV you just know someone will complain to KVRR about it. Every year WDIO ABC in Duluth carries it on their ABC station (have for oh about 14 years now..previously was on KBJR NBC) and every year there are people who whine because they (WDIO) tape delay the programming during that time and pre-empt the daytime stuff

Does Antenna, MeTV, and H&I have some agreement with sports networks because every week I was getting football games on the KLWB 50.1 Me TV, the KLWB 50.2 H and I and even the 32.2 Antenna Tv KXKW. Or should that say does Weigel and Tribune have an agreement with sports networks. I know there is an ASN.

Just saying.....

I know someone aired it last year there because of a couple teams in it. Maybe it was on CW+ (6.2/8.2)?

If they do air it on AntennaTV you just know someone will complain to KVRR about it. Every year WDIO ABC in Duluth carries it on their ABC station (have for oh about 14 years now..previously was on KBJR NBC) and every year there are people who whine because they (WDIO) tape delay the programming during that time and pre-empt the daytime stuff
In Duluth's (Same for Lafayette and Fargo) case you almost need an Independent Station to broadcast Sports that way the whiners will go quietly eating their cheese...

In Duluth's (Same for Lafayette and Fargo) case you almost need an Independent Station to broadcast Sports that way the whiners will go quietly eating their cheese...
Duluth's wont happen. WDIO is owned by same folks as KSTP/KSTC Minneapolis (Hubbard). KSTC has the rights to the tourney games for the next 7 or 8 years. They put all the tourney games (football, b&g basketball, girls hockey) on MeTV sub in Duluth EXCEPT the hockey which is on WDIO to be shown in HD. Hockey in MN is HUGE.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_school_boys_ice_hockey_in_Minnesota

The Minnesota State High School Hockey Tournament is currently the largest state sports tournament in terms of viewing and attendance, beating the Texas State High School Football Tournament, Florida's State High School Football Tournament, and Indiana's State High School Basketball Tournament.

One year we had Gary Thorne do the games.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Does Antenna, MeTV, and H&I have some agreement with sports networks because every week I was getting football games on the KLWB 50.1 Me TV, the KLWB 50.2 H and I and even the 32.2 Antenna Tv KXKW. Or should that say does Weigel and Tribune have an agreement with sports networks.
no. Its up to the actual owner of the station to have the agreement. As example here in Minneapolis WUCW (CW23) has the ACC game of the week that is on at 11:30 Saturday mornings. They use to have the SEC game before ESPN created the SEC Network. I know come January they will show ACC basketball too.

If its local teams then that is an agreement between the particular station and the production company that is producing the games. Its like the NFL games that are on cable. The rule is in the primary market of the two teams playing cable games are shown on a local station. But it doesnt have to be the teams "normal" station. Primary market is the teams hone market (so in your area it would be the NO market and no other). The Vikes have 2 cable games this year and both are being carried on CBS WCCO (Vikes are usually on KMSP FOX). It would be like if New Orleans games would be carried on WWL instead of the Fox station. The owner of KLWB bought the rights to show a particular college game.,

ASN games are mainly through Sinclair stations but there are other affiliates who carry it (depending on the teams playing or just need programming)

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Duluth's wont happen. WDIO is owned by same folks as KSTP/KSTC Minneapolis (Hubbard). KSTC has the rights to the tourney games for the next 7 or 8 years. They put all the tourney games (football, b&g basketball, girls hockey) on MeTV sub in Duluth EXCEPT the hockey which is on WDIO to be shown in HD. Hockey in MN is HUGE.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_school_boys_ice_hockey_in_Minnesota

The Minnesota State High School Hockey Tournament is currently the largest state sports tournament in terms of viewing and attendance, beating the Texas State High School Football Tournament, Florida's State High School Football Tournament, and Indiana's State High School Basketball Tournament.

One year we had Gary Thorne do the games.
The two best commentators in the NHL Gary Thorne and Bill Clement (deep woods off man).

I dont even know what time he is scheduled for. Hopefully not too late ;)
Oh, or, the DVR will be busy.
I've told a few that are presently stuck on cable about the bounty of FREE TV in this area and most are considering cutting the cord.
Seems Johnny Carson is what 'turns them on'.
Oh how I hope that the satellite stations have Antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)