Antenna Upgrade

satvad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
Today I received an email from Dish network.

We are pleased to announce that beginning in July 2007, DISH Network is upgrading its technology. To ensure that you continue to receive the best of International programming, we will provide you with a FREE antenna upgrade. DISH Network will send a professional installer to your home to upgrade your satellite antenna for FREE*.

Does any one know what is this about?

What international programming do you get?

I suspect you are now receiving your international channels on either 61.5, 148, and/or 121, and they must be planning on moving those channels to 118.7.

There was a discussion on this several weeks back, and then I think there was a correction to it. Something about those in certain states (Gulf Coast) would not be affected.

Yes, I do subscribe to some international channels, and it is a super dish (121?). So they need to change the super dish or some LNBs? I will try calling them to see what is this about.

What international programming do you get?

I suspect you are now receiving your international channels on either 61.5, 148, and/or 121, and they must be planning on moving those channels to 118.7.

There was a discussion on this several weeks back, and then I think there was a correction to it. Something about those in certain states (Gulf Coast) would not be affected.

Really, eventhough I only subscribe to two channels (GermanTV and ProsiebenSat1Welt)? Just seems like a lot of expense to go through for them.

Thanks for the info. I'm still curious to what they actually will do. I guess I'll find out when I call them.

... but it is Dish's expense, not yours.
That's not quite true on two counts:
- Ultimately the cost has to be carried by the customers (you and me).
- I will need to take a half day of vacation

Just did a S.D. upgrade today for a friend. Had to leave before getting signal on 118. Had 106 on 119 and 100 on110. going back and remounting the dish. i think the mounts out of whack. Any one have any ideas? i'm using a digisat so, i can't use it for peaking the 118. AZ- 215 EL- 32 SKEW- 111 Near eau claire wisconsin. 54701

Did a sd upgrade today. zip 54701. received signal over 100 on 119,110 11th tans. couldn't get 118. any ideaers? using digisat, so no dice on a peak from that. Mount might be out of whack....

Well, aren't you lucky. I was promised the same "antenna upgrade." They have a repoint kit to take you off 121 and put you onto 118. After 3 appts. and 3 kifferent techs, they still have not done the job here (lack of parts, know how, attitude, you name it). I finally offered to pay for the upgrade if they sent a qualified tech with all the parts. They responded with: "Call..." of course I never call them because it is too frustrating an experience. I E-mailed them again and let them know that if they need to do the change (at no charge) then do it, and not to burden me with their icompetence. I don't dare recommend their service for fear of getting toilet papered. The dumbing down of America has hit home at Dish N. They are in the flushdown zone. However, once a real nice Dish N. lady called me and promised to finally get the job done. The "tech" came out and told me a tree was in the way of 118. But of course I have a clear shot at 119, so that makes no sense. I told him to do the job anyway. He refused and left. My wife and I are watching 3 German channels and one French via Sat 121, and we ignore the remaining 250 channels, for the most part. Of course Dish N. expects that I will eventually use an independent local tech, which I have done before after running out of patience and tolerance with them. This time I will share my feelings with Echostar before hiring a qualified local tech. Sigh! We may have to return to Europe to find sanity.

What is the deal on where we need to point and what LNBs we would need. I don't mind doing the work myself.

I am currently getting the German TV stations on 121 with an old DirectPC dish.. Didn't want to spend $$ for something I could already get.

Anyways on Sat, they sent the tech out to do the free antenna upgrade and he suggested I call Dish N to have them install a Dish 500 instead of doing the LNB replacement as he wouldn't touch my old DirectPC dish.

Can someone please inform me as to what does it takes to do antenna upgrade on superdish, provided that i have now excellent signal strenght on 119 (more than 90%). Is it just replacement of LNBS or does it takes adjusting the dish itself. Also, does the Dish 500 Plus LNB setup (119/118, and 110) design for replacement on Superdish, or is it a different replacement kit or does it requires special bracket. Thank you and your help is highly appreciated.

Puma after going through 3 weeks of pain with Dish Network, I can tell you more than you care to learn about this upgrade.. If you currently have a superdish, they will come out with what they call a Dish 500 repoint kit, they will replace the LNBs with a new one and repoint the dish once this is completed, you will be back in business. :) Give them a call.. and they will be able to hook you up.. In my case it was a bit more difficult, but the end result is I am now the proud owner of a Dish500 Plus setup.. As I did not have a superdish to start with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)