Anticipated bills after first year?

xcesmess

Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
Oklahoma City, OK
So I'm a cord cutter looking to go back into the pay-TV market -- it just got to be too expensive using iTunes and most online media outlets are starting to become pay-sites for Cable. Anyway...

Where I'm at I"m stuck with either satellite or Cox... Cox is simply too expensive for too little service so my only option left is Dish. I was a previous DirecTV customer and was bitten hard by their tiered 'discounts' through the life of the two year contract. I found the latest offers from Dish for the $20/off or the iPad 2 offer and was a bit skeptical. The order states my bill will only be $61.99 with Hopper and some tax but I just don't buy it. I'm afraid there will be some snake oil involved and in months 13-24 I'll be gouged with high bills again.

Can someone help me out with what to expect for estimated billing with Dish? I went on their chat and the person just seemed more interested in getting me to run a credit check than help me out with estimated billing costs.

Thanks!

Kelly

Doh! :). I'm looking at the Americas Top 120 that is 49.99/mo. One TV with free Hopper upgrade and HD. No premiums or protection right now.

Thanks!

Well then, your bill, from month 13 onward, will be $49.99 plus the $12 DVR fee for the hopper (assuming you have one TV, and no Joeys). Total? $61.99 plus any taxes. That is not any kind of discounted price. Dish does not do any kind of discounts from month 13 onward. That price is the final price...assuming there are no across-the-board package price increases that hit everybody with that package.

I know DTV does some kind of month 0-12 price, and a slightly higher month 13-24 price, then it goes nuts on month 25. Dish does not do that. Your discounts for the first year will be clearly notated as "1 of 12" and onward, until you reach the last discount.

Again, month 13 is the same as month 23, or month 33. Same price.

A small word about price increases. Dish did increase their prices this year on their packages. First time in two years. Nobody can guarantee when the next price increase will be. Could be a another one this year (not likely), one next spring (possible), or may be another 2 years into the base prices go up again. Nobody knows, and nobody can guarantee that. That said, in general, if you are in the first year of your contract, Dish will generally give price credits to stabilize your bill to whatever was promised for the first 12 months.

SomeDishGuy:

Thank you for your response! You're correct about the DTV price tiering... On month 13 I was hit with a $30/month price increase and I was hit by a bit of sticker shock. Wanted to make sure that wouldn't happen again.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)