Any BOSTON metro VOOMers?

Placonto said:
I have though about VOOM but heard that there is not much content still to fill all the stations and that there is a lot of repeat. Any comments on this?
Thanks for the info. VOOM's exclusive channels do have repetitive content but it is worth checking out the program guide online just to see if your particular interests are covered. Personally I find WorldSport's coverage of La Primera Liga to be worth the whole price of VOOM. I really enjoy EquatorHD with the "Eye Over..." series, some of the concerts on RAVE are great and I have actually watched more movies on the Cinema channels than I have on HBO, Starz, Cinemax or TMC. Of course your mileage may vary.

44.1,2,3,4 and 56.1 ???

:confused: I used to get all 44 sub channels as well as 56. Recently I stopped getting 44. The signal quality is 98-99 but nothing is on the screen.
56 on the other hand has a very very weak signal quality. SNR is 0. Can anyone confirm that these channels are off the air or extremely low power or something? Nothing has changed on my end.

owlbox said:
:confused: I used to get all 44 sub channels as well as 56. Recently I stopped getting 44. The signal quality is 98-99 but nothing is on the screen.
56 on the other hand has a very very weak signal quality. SNR is 0. Can anyone confirm that these channels are off the air or extremely low power or something? Nothing has changed on my end.

I am receiving both right now.

Scanning for 44.1 - 4 today??????

Can anyone confirm that SCANNING FOR NEW OTA channels near Boston TODAY still finds these channels? :confused:

Try getting the Fox feed from RhodeIsland it on 64.1-2 based in Providence if you are close enough. I am lucky and can get the Boston and Providence feeds, and get the one from CT but the signal is 40-60% all the time.

I am in Southwest of Boston (Franklin, MA) and get very good reception on all Boston Channels (2, 4, 5, 7, 25, 38, 44, 56, 68). Sometimes ABC (5) gets flaky but then I use my other MyHD HTPC tuner :)

I'm north of you... You must be able to get the Providence stations down there too? That's a great card. I just sold my old MPD-100, and just heard they're talking about a 130?

Lob

alsie731 said:
Sorry I can't help - I'm north of boston (12 miles) and get 25 OTA and a good signal.

No I don't need help I was just trying to get the CT channels I can get all the MA(except WUNI & Springfeild area) and RI channels.

Theses are the 27 channels I can get with a small Silver Senor in the attic. I get Voom Monday so the antena will go on the dish.

2.1,2.2 (MA)
4.1 (MA)
5.1,5.2 (MA)
6.1,6.2 (RI)
7.1 (MA)
10.1,10.2 (RI)
12.1,12.2 (RI)
25.1 (MA)
38.1 (MA)
44.1,44.2,44.3,44.4 (MA)
46.1 (MA)
56.1 (MA)
64.1,64.2 (RI)
66.1 (MA)
68.1,68.2,68.3,68.4 (MA)

Theses are station that will be going live in Spring2005 more will be added to list when I get more info:

28.1 WLWC-DT UPN (RI)
36.1 WSBE-DT PBS (RI)
48.1 WYDN-DT DAY (MA)
62.1 WMFP-DT SAH (MA) -nbc shop at home
69.1 WPXQ-DT PAX (RI)

Anyone else lose Ch 7?

owlbox said:
: [...] Recently I stopped getting 44. The signal quality is 98-99 but nothing is on the screen.
From Arlington:
I too am having a similar problem with Channel 7! (of all channels, WHDH-DT is ALWAYS 98-99 power) "No signal on 7.1", but always good power. I've tried re-orienting and even a signal amplifier. No ch.7! :mad:
Has anyone else lost this channel in the past 2-3 days? Does the Voom dsr550 receiver lose channels from time to time?

tia!

I have been without 7 = 2 or 4 days. 7.37 software

Now I am a dummy!

Contacted Voom and they ran me through the local setup again and no luck. Told them the problem and it happened since the update but they insist on sending a tech out Thursday AM. He'll have to shovel the roof off to do anything up there. A waste of Voom $$$$.

telekol said:
I have been without 7 = 2 or 4 days. 7.37 software

Same here :mad:

And how come after I hide a channel like the deadly 5.2 does it always manage to unhide itself automatically? Tune to it and the box freezes up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)