any difference in GI - Motorloa DSR922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
I bought 2 DSR 922 receivers dirt cheap. $50 each:) from a Old sat shop that closed down
the GI prev Used the Motorola brand new
The set up of the GI when going to the homing sat G18(once G10R) came in without a Glich.

The New Motorola with all the fancy gold hook ups
taking the VC2 board from the GI just for testing purposes gave me not what it should have its as it did recognise the Sat?

The GI I got Signal at 97% to 100% quality is at 68%-87%
Motorola i got same Signal 97%-100%but Quality 1%-51%

I even switched Freq , Transponders went into the hidden menus and did it manually,
but still the New Motorola isnt seeing something ???:confused:

Could it be thats because its a brand new receiver and has never received any updates?:confused:
Thanks

First off change the battery in the GI one asap.

I think the original had a 2 peace board and the later ones had a 1 piece board.

First off change the battery in the GI one asap.

I think the original had a 2 peace board and the later ones had a 1 piece board.
Do You Mean the Mototrola as The GI I have no problems with its the Motorola that i have the issue with
Thanks

The one with issues may have a bad tuner if the pic comes and goes and the quality jumps up and down. All DCII and VCII boards have a battery that can last from 7-12 years or more, if the battery dies the unit is toast so the GI is older and you should have the battery swapped very soon, the Motorola one if you still have issues send it to ATS electronics for repair, at the same time mite as well get a new battery if it is over 3 years old.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts