Any future HD coming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Hello, Im thinking about making the switch from Dish and I was just wondering if Direct was planning on adding any new HD . There are a few channels Dish has that Direct doesnt and I was just wondering if anyone knew anything.

Also, If I do make the switch I will get the whole home setup and wanted to know if it will work with all HD DVRs or do you have to have a HD DVR and a plain HD reciever?

Thanks!

MRV will work with all DVRs as far as watching programs recorded on one DVR on any other DVRs. Only the non DVRs can set up recordings on all of the DVRs in the loop. You would have to set up recordings at the location that they will be recorded.

My wife likes E HD and DIY HD , I like AMC HD.

So with the MRV, If I get 2 HD DVRs and a HD reciever will I be able to watch recored shows from either DVR in any room(3 rooms total)? Even DVR to DVR? But I can only set recordings from the HD reciever to either DVR? I know im confussing sorry.

My wife likes E HD and DIY HD , I like AMC HD.

So with the MRV, If I get 2 HD DVRs and a HD reciever will I be able to watch recored shows from either DVR in any room(3 rooms total)? Even DVR to DVR? But I can only set recordings from the HD reciever to either DVR? I know im confussing sorry.

I can't comment on the whole house setup since I don't know the details of how it works, but I can tell you that Directv is very tight lipped about new hd channels.
They will likely have the channels you mentioned at some point, but no one here knows just when. I would like to see those channels, too, btw!

MRV will work with all DVRs as far as watching programs recorded on one DVR on any other DVRs. Only the non DVRs can set up recordings on all of the DVRs in the loop. You would have to set up recordings at the location that they will be recorded.

Whole home DVR dosen't work on SD Recievers, Just HD.

Current rumor is that, Directv is restructuring their plans late in the month, and then we may see some additions once they can move into these new plans. Rumor of course.

If D* doesn't get E HD and BBC America HD soon, I may not make it through the whole 2 year contract. I love the MRV system, though. fantastic setup.

Just that is restructuring of channels and new tiers around 11/17. The guesstimation has been that new channels deals have been worked to fit these new tiers, and we won't see anymore add's until then. All speculation of course. Also, seen proof that a new lower tier package, cheaper, is coming again.

Just that is restructuring of channels and new tiers around 11/17. The guesstimation has been that new channels deals have been worked to fit these new tiers, and we won't see anymore add's until then. All speculation of course. Also, seen proof that a new lower tier package, cheaper, is coming again.

If they add more HD channels to Ultimate, I would upgrade.

I would guess, if say they were going to 4 packages, and changing what channels would be in what package, then it would make sense not to launch until these changes(especially if the contract was signed with regards to the new package), and the date I heard for the packages was 11/17. I also got a PM a long time ago, from someone in the know, that BCC and AMC were in discussion. I've subdued my irritation until end of Nov, just to see what happens.

Until then, Im enjoying Walking Dead, Luther and To Gear in HD off Amazon Vod :)

Hopefully the rumors come true, would love som new HD national channels :)

I wish they would add a boatload more HD. The local cable provider is completely destroying DirecTV. This week alone they are adding stuff like Ovation HD, Sprout HD, Reelz HD, TBN HD, GSN HD, NASA HD, and a few others. Yeah niche channels because they already have all the major HD's. They added stuff like CSPAN1 & 2, DIY, The Hub, and others last month. I don't even need to list the major stuff like AMC, E, Style, We, G4, IFC, and others.

I regret going to DirecTV. If I had extra money I'd break out of my contract right now. I'm one of the valued customer adds as well. I'm a homeowner with good credit and paperless auto bill pay, I have MRV and 2 HD set tops with DVR on one and these are the types of customers DirecTV wants to maintain according to their quarterly earnings calls.

I wish they would add a boatload more HD. The local cable provider is completely destroying DirecTV. This week alone they are adding stuff like Ovation HD, Sprout HD, Reelz HD, TBN HD, GSN HD, NASA HD, and a few others. Yeah niche channels because they already have all the major HD's. They added stuff like CSPAN1 & 2, DIY, The Hub, and others last month. I don't even need to list the major stuff like AMC, E, Style, We, G4, IFC, and others.

I regret going to DirecTV. If I had extra money I'd break out of my contract right now. I'm one of the valued customer adds as well. I'm a homeowner with good credit and paperless auto bill pay, I have MRV and 2 HD set tops with DVR on one and these are the types of customers DirecTV wants to maintain according to their quarterly earnings calls.

Lets get the TOP end of HD up there before we go to the little stations that MOST don't watch.
Of the list you mentioned, not one of them would be watched in my family.

Jimbo said:
Lets get the TOP end of HD up there before we go to the little stations that MOST don't watch.
Of the list you mentioned, not one of them would be watched in my family.

Oh I'm with ya, the local cable co already has all the most popular channels covered, so there's not much left for them to add but those obscure ones and premiums.

Oh I'm with ya, the local cable co already has all the most popular channels covered, so there's not much left for them to add but those obscure ones and premiums.

Keep in mind, YOUR local cable company may have them all, but the same company in a different city may not.
The advantages to being local, not having to deal with the whole United States !

I know there's future HD coming.

I'm sure there's a lot of future HD channels coming out that no one has even heard of yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.