Any future HD coming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No there really wasnt any paytv back then anyway....only difference was if it was in color on nbc the peacock logo would come up and let you know that Bonanza! was presented in living color by Chevrolet : D As more color sets were sold then more programs were produced in color. Guess I am showing my age but I also remember the addition of UHF..had to have a set top box with tv set on channel 3 or 4 to receive channels above 13.

Actually there was pay tv here in CT in the early 60's. Channel 18 out of Hartford was scrambled at least part of the day and required a stb to watch it.

Guess I am showing my age but I also remember the addition of UHF..had to have a set top box with tv set on channel 3 or 4 to receive channels above 13.

I can remember as a teenager trying to convince my Dad to buy something called "International cable" so we could have 24 channels (which included the Yankees games on WPIX). International cable eventually became Adelphia and we can all remember the fun the Rigas had with that company.

I dont remember hearing about "Cablevision" around here until the late 60's. We didnt have cable close to us until the late 80's. We tried to get cable around 91 or so but they wanted over 3,000.00 to extend their line from the developement behind me so I got the C band for about half that and then kept it till 01 when everything seemed to go digital and you needed a sidecar box or something to keep the channels on cband...We've come a long way out here from having to move rabbit ears around and even at one point had to open the front door of the old mobile home to let channel 3 in : D

I am a Bright House cable subscriber in Orlando.

We have a ton of HD as were on the TWC contracts.

One thing DTV. does is get the main channels in HD while delaying the niche ones. Some things we do not have because of a month to month deal needing to become permanent........ Lifetime HD, The Weather Channel HD, Tru TV HD. We also have no NFL Network, HDNet and are low on HD Starz.

However, we have just about everything else along with a 24 hour news station and I feel lucky.

If I was in a market with a bad cable system, I'd definitely go DTV and get my sports packages in HD. My feeling though is DTV is for the sports fans especially out of market ones. If they got the niche channels though, that would put them over the top.

I did hear you guys might get fearnet HD on another forum which would be really sweet. There is another site with a chart of who has what and what is available in HD but I don't want to spam as I just started posting here and like both forums.

I would like to see DTV use that HD capacity to get the niche stuff though just in case I hit it big and go with two providers.

BTW: Anyone got a link to the DTV vs. Dish HD chart.

I want to see if there is an update about any real HD spotted being on Fuel TV HD for DTV and Centric HD and LOGO HD on Dish.

Thanks!

so I take it since Nov has come and gone we will not see anymore HD in 2010? What was the point of the new bird then?
I don't see anymore new HD coming this year, if there were, we would have heard about it by now, unless they sneak something in. But I do see more HD coming next year. They have to if they want to stay competitive with the other providers.

The point of the new bird was to give them capacity for future growth. We got 25 new HD channels this past year that we didn't have before, or they couldn't have added before without the new bird.

The point of the "package shufle" is to raise prices discretely without causing an uproar..

I can wait to see more HD channels but I'm patience and will stick with D*. They treat me good so the only thin missing is a lot of HD channels. I believe that we are going to be #1 on HD soon. D* likes that to be numero 1.

Are you talking about Directv or Dish? :eek: :D

both along with cable companies when they do the same thing..its a gimmick.. if u want to keep the same programming u have today ..u have to pay more ( I dont expect D* to be anywhere near as greedy as ole Charlie) I think they are just switch things around a bit and hope most consumers don't notice the price increase or the decrease in channels in their package

I've subdued my irritation until end of Nov, just to see what happens.
Apparently you shouldn't put to much faith in rumors. DIRECTV's history in the last seven weeks of the year (and the first three months of the new year) has been relatively uneventful.

maybe they can add a camera to the satelite, turn it on in had and count that.

oh wait.......................

it was 32 actually.

i have given up on dtv. bhn gave me a sweet double play deal, good for 2 years so its bye bye satellite for me. i have patiently waited and waited and waited. meanwhile, bhn adds more hd in 2 weeks.

Not really boring. I just find myself drawn to unsupported conjecture.

Do you spend as much time on the Dish Forum as you do over here? Just wondering because I never go there. You are perfectly welcome here and I hope it's because you like us better than the Dish posters.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts